24 yr old diffuse thinner

bjk1903

Reaction score
Hello All, I am a 24 yo male with thinning hair on top, front, and vertex. The hairline isn't receding but it is thinning overall. Up until age 22, I really didn't have a problem with my hair. Then during the summer of 2010 my grandmother(most honest person ever) mentioned that I was losing my hair. I really didn't put much thought into it and from the looks of it everything was okay. I still really didn't care about how much I was losing my hair until the summer I was 23 and I noticed on a car window that I saw my scalp shining through my hair. Also during my age 21-22 times, I was under a lot of stress applying to med schools and waiting to get accepted(I did get accepted, yay). At this point my hair was falling out in chunks. When I used to shower even when I wasn't going bald, I would always lose a lot of hair but once age 22 hit, the hair was no longer growing back. So in a matter of 1.5 years I went from not noticing any hair loss to the pics you see in Jan 2012. So from Jan 2012(age 23), I finally started doing something about my loss. My treatment and some pics from Jan 2012 and July 2012(6 months after medications) are shown below. The hair now is about the same as it was in July. August 2012 was a bit brutal for me though as the amount shed as increased. The amount shed per shower before medications was way more than 150. After medications this amount went up slightly and then a dramatic reduction in shedding occurred where I would lose 30-40 max. August 2012 hit though(this month was a bit stressful for me as well) and the amount shed is up to 80 or so. Still not as much as before treatments but I am seeing more hair shed and increased itching.

Side effects wise, i do get an occasional testicle pain(comes and goes at random). ED sometimes, but this only happens when I am extremely stressed, and even then I get it up but its not as "impactful". Once the Neogenic from L'Oreal comes out, Im going to try that for 3 months. I mean I am trying everything so far and nothing worked so this can't make things worse lol.

Also question for all: When people say they only shed 3 hairs(or something really low) when they shower, are they really being serious? I mean on average a person loses 100 hairs per day. Before medications I would shed much more than 150 hairs per shower. After medications, during the good times it was down to about 30-40, now its at about 80ish. I have never gotten it down to what people on the forums claim. So does this mean that the medications for me are just barely working or not working at all?

Treatment:
nizoral 1% M/W/F(mondays and fridays I use it as the first lather, then I wash with 2%)
nizoral 2% M/F(added July 2012)
Revita shampoo
Rogaine Foam 5% Every Morning
Rogaine Liquid 5% Every Night(added July 2012)
Laser Comb Hairmax Professional 12 M/W/F
Maxi-Hair Plus by Country Life(has a **** ton of biotin, MSM, vitamin Bs, Zinc, you name it, it has it lol)
Saw Palmetto and Nettle with Pumpkin by Solray
Aminexil (first 6 week treatment was in March/April 2012, starting second 6 week treatment this week)
ACell/PrP injections in Jan 2012

The order of the pics are screwed up so let me point it out here
1st row left to right 1. July 2012 2. July 2012 3.Jan 2012 4.Jan 2012 5. Jan 2012
2nd row left to right 1. Jan 2012 2. July 2012

Attachments

• Jan 2012.jpg
    Jan 2012.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Jan 2012(2).jpg
    Jan 2012(2).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Jan 2012(3).jpg
    Jan 2012(3).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Jan 2012(4).jpg
    Jan 2012(4).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 399
  • July 2012.jpg
    July 2012.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 406
  • July 2012(2).jpg
    July 2012(2).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 378
  • July 2012(3).jpg
    July 2012(3).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 361

bjk1903

Reaction score
no opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

P.S. I was already getting some facial hair in places which I shouldn't, but they were not thick/colored so I didn't make much of it. This past month and a half those hairs are becoming terminal and now I have facial hair growing near my eye and above my eyebrows. minoxidil is turning me into a bald werewolf

P.P.S The shed and itching are becoming unbearable http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/eve/images/smilies/frown.gif

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
So you're not on finasteride or dutasteride? You need a dht blocker to slow or prevent further balding.