25 started around 24

candlelight

Reaction score
Hi everyone 've been a stalker on the forums look at what not, but never created my own story thread so here you go :)

It all started 1.5 years ago when i began noticing i was starting to lose ground.
Little diffuse ( but i alway's had thin hair so probably why i think it's diffuse but actually not) & little sideway's let's say a Norwood 1.5ish

I went to see a dermatologist and she adviced my to try out minoxidil 5 %
I was a great responder she said. but the sad part was that all the hair that grew only stayed velus or maybe really thin new hairs.
i was thinking about adding finasteride but i was scared about the side-effects.

After one year when i started minoxidil i lost a good amount of hair. everyone is telling me it isn't so.
but before i started you could not see my scalp now you actualy can in really light lightning.

I started to get afraid that this will soon be the end. so i was like why not adding finasteride and if it gives me the sides in the first month i would just quit the drug and accept the fact i'm balding. ( also wants to point out i'm the only member in the family with thin hair and that is balding, both sides of the family have thick hair and my grandpa 79 still only has little sides but still has more amount of hair then me while the other just started to get a reciding hairline.)

So now i'm at my 4 months of finasteride.
Ive been losing hairs let's say 40 each day from morning and eveving count and shower when minoxidil is placed on my scalp.
And i must say these four months have been great! new hairs are popping everywhere all those miniturised hairs are one by one falling out and i am getting colored hair as a replace. i'm still recovering, had an apointment yesterday with my dermatologist and she was schoked how i responded to the treatment. for a smoker she has never seen those results. not that it matters! but i was the first one that did not have any major sides effects. only had watery semen for the first three months but now it has past and everything is back to normal.

I could have writing more or maybe more detailed but this is just the bigger details withouth a lot of background so it's quiker to read and better for me if i want to regulary update the photos that i will be placing later this week or weekend*

if you have any questions please do ask :)

I use Minoxidil 5 foam from the pharmacy but since recently my derma told me to go and use the liquid with less pph since she knew i had acne problems because of the minoxidil and finally everything is gone no acne no oily skin +/+ for everyone teehee :) ( had a minor shed because of switching from foam to liquid but it has passed *fingers crossed*)

Regime ::
Minoxidil 5% 2 times
Finasteride 1mg ( soon will be 1.25 since my dermatologist precribed a new kind that could only be cut in 4 )