25 Strange Hair Loss, Front Thinning, on Big 3 For 5 Years!

Joe_Bob

Reaction score
The Cliff Notes Version of My Hair Loss Story is
-Had great hair until 21 (Norwood 1 Thick), now Norwood 2 (Major Frontal Thinning)
-I pre-emptively went on Propecia and Rogaine at 19 to prevent hair loss (wasn’t shedding then, had perfect hair)
- Family has history of thyroid problems, I have very poor circulation, bowel problems, and I get inflamed easily (especially my scalp)
-It resembles more female style hair loss (and I’m a dude), as it first started RIGHT down the middle of my hair line and is centralized there!

Everyone on mother and father’s side is BALD (my mother even has general thinning).

My brother noticed slight thinning at 18 and so he started to take propecia in 2004.
2005. I had experienced ZERO hairloss at that point, but decided as a pre-emptive measure to go on propecia. He has since become a major diffuse norwood 2.5.

Fast forward 1 Year to August 2006 (no hairloss till then had long hair). For no reason I decide to use Rogaine liquid, twice per day. Its then that I experience lots of inching, shiny scalp and dryness on my scalp, as well as a lot of red spots. To combat this I start on Nizoral and get even more shedding. I noticed my scalp would HURT like sore to touch wherever I was losing (mainly frontal and a bit in the crown)

Between August 2006 and August 2007 I experience massive shedding, I’m scared but figure that its shedding bad hair to get good hair. Upon taking photographs I notice frontal thinning in a big way.

I have a sensitive stomach (mother has same problem) and so I decided to cut dairy and inflammatory things (like grains) from my diet, hair loss definitively slowed down. Switched in 2008 to Rogaine Foam.

Since 2008, its been a slower hairloss. I’m still losing hair and its reaching the point where I can’t spending 15 minutes styling it to hide the hair loss...its become more visible each month. My scalp is still slightly sore and turns red easily.

I have to state that I would love to stop this or reverse some of it (since I’m still a NW2-NW2.5 diffuse) but I understand that maintaining would just be great and thats what I’m here for- you guys are the most knowledgeable hair loss forum on the internet!

My current regiment is:
-Propecia 1.25mg (now for almost 7 years.....)
-Rogaine Foam 2x Per Day (now for 5.5 Years, this includes liquid use)
- Nizoral 2-3 Per Week (now 4 years)
- Ginger Shampoo 2-3 Per Week
-Fish oil and Evening Primrose Oil (12g and 1g respectively)

I couple VERY interesting things about me
My whole father’s side of the family has Hashimoto’s thyroid problems. Lately the hair on my thighs, has been patchy and disappearing. Get routine thyroid tests, my thyroid has come back T4,T3 as low normal (borderline low), so nothing is being done there (although I think something should!).

I have very poor circulation...I wake up always cold, although I exercise vigorously and eat healthy. I recently was diagnoised with gastritis (but thats recent and wasn’t there when hair loss started).

Basically in all my years of trying to solve this hairloss, I learnt controlling inflammation through nutrition is crucial and controlling these hormones is the answer! Unfortunately I don’t know how to solve mine now and I think hopefully someone else is in the same boat in me and has learnt to solve this!

And LASTLY, I’m NOT knocking the Big Three, who knows it could be worse without it! AND even though my two brothers and I are still losing hair, I have two friends who are on the same routine and experienced hair REGROWTH, so I know for some people it works, I think we just have bad genes!

PICS TO come Up Today!

Attachments

• The Axe Murderer 152.jpg
    The Axe Murderer 152.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 195

Joe_Bob

Reaction score
Guys pic updated, thats from 2008, its worse now but I don't want to take a photo of it to be honest! Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!