25 Y/o Male Diagnosed With Telogen Effluvium On 2014. Thinning Accelerated!

Could this be chronic telogen effluvium?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colin_sully

My Regimen
Reaction score
So ive always had thick wavy hair and in 2013 i noticed it was getting thin on the crown a little and freaked out. When it only progressed I got a biopsy done of my crown and was told I had Telogen Effluvium. But as you can see it's gotten pretty bad. Am I out of luck is it too late and what could help? I tried nizoral but it didn't do anything as well saw palmetto but same results. Want to see what y'all think. Could it be chronic telogen effluvium? And if not could I get my crown and thickness back? I'm getting tired of this :/

1. 2014
image.jpeg

2. 2014
image.jpeg

3. 2014
image.jpeg

4. 2016 March
image.jpeg

5. 2016 March
image.jpeg

6. 2016 July
image.jpeg

2016 July
image.jpeg

Colin_sully

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf are you talking about? I don't see any hair loss.
Not even in the 2016 pictures? And it would itch a few months Back and under my nails would be short brittle hairs :/ idk I mean I am a pretty stressed out wound up worry wart but I doubt it's from stress. You don't think the crown is thinning?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even in the 2016 pictures? And it would itch a few months Back and under my nails would be short brittle hairs :/ idk I mean I am a pretty stressed out wound up worry wart but I doubt it's from stress. You don't think the crown is thinning?
Just looks like a cowlick. You definitely had no hair loss in the 2014 pictures. It is hard to say in the newer ones, but doesn't really look like it. I am surprised your doctor agreed to a biopsy unless you demanded one. Did your doctor think it looked like you were losing hair?

Colin_sully

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just looks like a cowlick. You definitely had no hair loss in the 2014 pictures. It is hard to say in the newer ones, but doesn't really look like it. I am surprised your doctor agreed to a biopsy unless you demanded one. Did your doctor think it looked like you were losing hair?
Well at the time they said they noticed a little lack of density there but that was a couple years ago. It's gotten so bad lately. Stress prob hasn't been helping.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well at the time they said they noticed a little lack of density there but that was a couple years ago. It's gotten so bad lately. Stress prob hasn't been helping.

It's really hard to say, but I'd hazard a guess that you are just fine. In your most recent pics, the back and sides of your hair are cut very short. Take a close look at the hair in the photos from July of 16. The areas where it looks thin is where the hair is sticking straight out at the camera. This gives the optical effect of thinning hair. You can tell because when you take the pic from a different angle, the "thinning" patch moves to a different area.

My suggestion is that you grow your crown area to the same length as in 2014, and then compare. The crown hair in that pic is much longer.

I sort of have the same thing going on with my hair, so I get it. My hair is in a way more suspicious position than yours is though.

Last edited:

Colin_sully

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are from recent I buzzed my head November/December 2016.
It's really hard to say, but I'd hazard a guess that you are just fine. In your most recent pics, the back and sides of your hair are cut very short. Take a close look at the hair in the photos from July of 16. The areas where it looks thin is where the hair is sticking straight out at the camera. This gives the optical effect of thinning hair. You can tell because when you take the pic from a different angle, the "thinning" patch moves to a different area.

My suggestion is that you grow your crown area to the same length as in 2014, and then compare. The crown hair in that pic is much longer.

I sort of have the same thing going on with my hair, so I get it. My hair is in a way more suspicious position than yours is though.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG