25 years (diffused)

DMH

Reaction score
Hello fellow people with no hair (politically correct term, bald is too harsh)

I'm 25 years old, with light hair, been loosing my hair since i was 18 years old, occasionally throughout the years i used minoxidil, it helped for a moment, but i was really inconsistent.

Anyway two weeks ago i started using minoxidil 5%, applying it at night, followed by olive oil after two hours of applying minoxidil, i heard rumors that it helps with the absorption of minoxidil, and i'm also taking multivitamins pill everyday.
I'm thinking of adding propecia and nizoral 2% to my regimen. Quite scared of using propecia, actually i did use it a few years ago for a week got a terrible testicular ache (left) but desperate moments need desperate measures.

I began treatment on the 27th of may, but i don't have any pic from that time, here's some pics taken today:

Here's my hair outside at day light
IMG_1056.jpg

Back combing

IMG_1046.jpg

Front combing

IMG_0958.jpg

Left Temple under bright light
IMG_1060.jpg

Right Temple under bright light
IMG_1063.jpg

The non existent hairline

IMG_1068.jpg

So The image is clearer now, diffused pattern with harsh thinning in the middle of hair( i used to comb it in the middle in the old days so maybe that's the reason)

So guys do you think i should get on propecia?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes! Get on proscar. Ask specificially for proscar as it is a lot cheaper and that will remove one more "mental side" of taking the medication.

DMH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply KO1, i will as soon as possible, eventhough i'm not sure if it does work on the diffused pattern

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Unspoken said:
i'm not sure if it does work on the diffused pattern

it sure does. i think finasteride will work very well for you, with some good regrowth. hopefully u respond well to it

DMH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply antman, hopefully it will with no side effects this time.
what about you did propecia help?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Unspoken said:
hopefully it will with no side effects this time
i assume that you have decided to try propecia (finasteride) again? make sure you post us how that goes :)

Unspoken said:
what about you did propecia help?
i'm happy with propecia. my hair quality has improved somewhat but no cosmetically valuable regrowth.

DMH

Reaction score
Will do for sure :)

What is the link to your story, would like to check it out, any pics?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
my first posts started on another forum - the hair transplant network - since that was the only hair loss treatment i was aware of at the time. i didn't record my US or PW on that forum and i haven't made a post in the my story section here yet. perhaps i should, its a bit hypocritical of me to ask about others but not post about myself