25 Years old - need to start treatment ASAP

alex17

Reaction score
Hello.

I am 25 years old , i am from Romania (Europe) and i lost a lot of my hair in the last years. I want to start treatment as soon as possible and i want to know your recommendations.

I all started a few years back. At that time i was living in the city and i lost a lot of hair in the first year. Then i moved to the country side and i think becouse of the better water quality (pure natural water with no chlorine, rust or other undesired ingredients) i was still losing hair but slower.
Last year i moved back in the city and i started to lose hair faster.

I understood that the most effective treatment right now is the Big Three (minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral).
I want to start at least with minoxidil and nizoral (or something similar) and after a blood analysis to see what DHT levels i have, i will consider taking finasteride.

The problem is i can't find Nizoral shampoo nowhere near me. All i could find is Regenepure DR in UK and i'm currently waiting a reply from them to see if they ship to my country. If anyone knows where i can buy nizoral or something similar in Europe please let me know. Also what do you think about Renegepure DR? Is it as good as Nizoral? Other suggestions?

I can find HairGrow Minoxidil 2% and 5% at the local pharmacy or Kirkland minoxidil 5% on the internet . What do you recommend?

Should i add Biotin pills?

Other advice for start?

About finasteride: I consider taking it but i want to know if the side effects are permanent or they disappear after stopping the treatment.

Update: What products do you recommend ?
Nizoral / Regenepure DR / Revita (i can find it localy)
HairGrow Minoxidil 2% 5% / Kirkland Minoxidil 5% / Kirkland Extra Strenght

I found Renepure DR double pack at ~ 67$ and Kirkland 5% for 6 months at ~ 44$.

DSCN1901.jpgDSCN1902.jpg

alex17

Reaction score
88 Views and no reply? I need advices so i can choose the right products and start the treatment.

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex. I know balding sucks, but at least you can be happy that it's diffusing and NOT receding from the front, which is much, much harder to stop.

I recommend getting on the big 3 NOW. Do NOT wait.

Try online pharmacies. They should have Nizoral and ship to you. Just google online pharmacy. It isn't that expensive, just don't waste it when you do have it, and it'll last you.

Get on minoxidil immediately. Get the 5%, either kirk or whatever else brand you have there. minoxidil is minoxidil. Take it twice a day according to instructions and stick to it.

I was scared to get on finasteride too. But I took the chance. I am a month and a half into finasteride and I've got no side-effects whatsoever. I guess it's hard to believe an anonymous dude on the internet named anonymous, but I've really got no reason to lie to you about this. I want you to have hair, just as I want to keep mine.

alex17

Reaction score
What is the difference between 'diffusing' and 'receding from the front' ? Is the first easier to treat? Are there different treatments for each one?

minoxidil i can find at the local pharmacy but i asked which one is better because HairGrow minoxidil makes my hair greasy and i already have a greasy scalp.
Unfortunately Nizoral shampoo isn't imported anymore so i have to get it from other EU countries. I haven't managed to find it yet.

Update: Thanks to a fellow countryman i found a generic shampoo with Ketoconazole 2%. (other ingredients: Ketoconazole USP 2% ; shampoo base ; sunset yellow FCF ;
aqua,laureth sulfate,ketoconazole,sodium chloride,parfum,imidazolidynil urea,sodium hydroxide,sulfuric acid,sodium metabisulphite.)

About finasteride: i am not afraid of temporary side effects. I am concerned about permanent side effects. I know there is a dedicated forum with people complaining about permanent side effects even if they stopped the treatment. What can you tell me about this?

yelp

Reaction score
get on finasteride asap dude! Start with a small dose if you're worried about sides. But you need to tackle the underlying source of the balding (DHT). minoxidil is great and will give you a ton of regrowth (in my experience).

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffusion is like general thinning, but you maintain your hairline. Recession is from the front, back. It's better to have diffusion because minoxidil works better for it, while it can't really stop recession (some people are able to, but most fail to).

alex17

Reaction score
Today i started the treatment with Hairgrow Minoxidil 5%. I also bought a generic Ketoconazole 2% shampoo but i don't like it because it makes my hair to soft.
Also when i take a bath i don't notice any hair falling but i noticed a lot of hairs when i applied Minoxidil.

Should i expect an initial shed?

alex17

Reaction score
After 3 weeks of treatment with Minoxidil 5% i lose more hair. When i apply minoxidil i can see a lot of hairs on my hands and i really don't like this. Why is this happening ? Is this normal ? Will it stop ? At this rate i will be bald a lot sooner than without minoxidil. Please Reply

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what you are experiencing now is most likely shedding.

alex17

Reaction score
And is this good or bad? Will it stop? If i continue the treatment will the hair grow back?

Heyman

Reaction score
Hey Alex. I know balding sucks, but at least you can be happy that it's diffusing and NOT receding from the front, which is much, much harder to stop.
Is there ANY evidence for this? IMO all hair loss due to male pattern baldness is the same, its about DHT. Doesn't matter if its in the front, back or diffuse. The thing is, most people start balding in the front and if you're bald already, you can't regrow. Since no regrowth there. As well, most studies (but not all) were on the back of the head area, but those that checked the front also noticed improvement there. You can stop receding from the front just as good as you can stop diffuse hair loss or similar, considering regrowth it may be different as usually you're bald since a longer time on the front (as it starts there for most people).

But in general, stopping hairloss is the same in the front as it is in the back or overall on the head.

alex17

Reaction score
If i continue the treatment with minoxidil and shed like this, will my hair grow back? I don't want to get bald faster.