25 years old. Please help to diagnose my condition!

Briena

Reaction score
Hi there. New member over here.

Have been contemplating whether to create an account over here as I feel too ashamed of my own hair loss and unable to face the truth... Anyway.... It all started about 3 years ago....

Was constantly having stress due to school work and personal problems (I'm easily stressed out and worry too much, sadly) Not sure if this contributes to my hair loss. But I started experiencing hair fall in showers, and pillow when I wake up in the morning. I did not bother much about it and my girlfriend did not notice my hair loss as well.

It was only recently when she actually voice out my problem to me and asking me to face the truth and not hide anymore... Still do not dare to look at the top of my head but deep down I know it's quite bad. My dad's side has no history of male pattern baldness. He is in his 60s now and head full of hair. My mum side has naturally thin hair. And she is starting to suffer from hair loss too (she's in her late 50s...)

1st question: People always say that male pattern baldness is genetic. Look at your parents to see whether they are balding. But.... our parents are already in the age whereby it's only natural for them to suffer from hair loss isn't it?? But I'm only 25! :(

2nd question: I do not think that I have receding hairline.... However, the top of my head is thinning. My hair loss have started to stop as well. At least I don't see so much hair in the shower and no longer hair all over my pillow. Is it really male pattern baldness? My girlfriend checked the top of my head and she mentioned that there are still follicles that can be seen with small and thin strand of hairs... are they regrowth or broken hair?

3rd question: My head was occasionally itchy. Not sure if it could be build ups of wax that is restricting growth.... Now it's no longer itchy anymore and I have started using ACV rinse hopefully to remove any build ups..... Have anyone used ACV and have positive results with hair growth?

IMG_6068.JPG

my hair when it's wet.....

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there. New member over here.

Have been contemplating whether to create an account over here as I feel too ashamed of my own hair loss and unable to face the truth... Anyway.... It all started about 3 years ago....

Was constantly having stress due to school work and personal problems (I'm easily stressed out and worry too much, sadly) Not sure if this contributes to my hair loss. But I started experiencing hair fall in showers, and pillow when I wake up in the morning. I did not bother much about it and my girlfriend did not notice my hair loss as well.

It was only recently when she actually voice out my problem to me and asking me to face the truth and not hide anymore... Still do not dare to look at the top of my head but deep down I know it's quite bad. My dad's side has no history of male pattern baldness. He is in his 60s now and head full of hair. My mum side has naturally thin hair. And she is starting to suffer from hair loss too (she's in her late 50s...)

1st question: People always say that male pattern baldness is genetic. Look at your parents to see whether they are balding. But.... our parents are already in the age whereby it's only natural for them to suffer from hair loss isn't it?? But I'm only 25! :(

2nd question: I do not think that I have receding hairline.... However, the top of my head is thinning. My hair loss have started to stop as well. At least I don't see so much hair in the shower and no longer hair all over my pillow. Is it really male pattern baldness? My girlfriend checked the top of my head and she mentioned that there are still follicles that can be seen with small and thin strand of hairs... are they regrowth or broken hair?

3rd question: My head was occasionally itchy. Not sure if it could be build ups of wax that is restricting growth.... Now it's no longer itchy anymore and I have started using ACV rinse hopefully to remove any build ups..... Have anyone used ACV and have positive results with hair growth?

View attachment 39495

my hair when it's wet.....

Diagnose? Your crown is thinning. It's male pattern baldness.