25 years old - receding hairline?

Mashables

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just joined this forum hoping you guys could provide your thoughts on my hair/hairline. A bit of a background: I am 25 years old and I have always had a big forehead / slightly receding hairline, even when I was younger. Also, most of my family members have a fairly thin and not full hair.

I have been losing hair for a while now, I notice it when I take a shower or blow-dry my hair, but it seems like most of it grows back as I do see a lot of baby hair.

I am just wondering what your view is on the status of my hair/hairline. My guess would be Class II (per Nordwood classification). Do you guys think it makes sense to try out some of the drugs to prevent further hair loss?

Please see here for HQ photos:
http://imgur.com/a/voMuT

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it looks like all of your top is diffused=( I think you should start treatment immidiately.

BrianP

Established Member
Reaction score
u hair doesnt look that thinned to me, i think u have more of a receeding hairline than thinning.. Ur hair is a bit thinned and kinda receeded i think NW2 or 2.5 or something.. Ur pics werent very good to evaluate bro sry.. But either way its still early so if u start treatment now u can probably keep ur hair or even get some regrowth and u wont even look like balding IMO

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
You're at an early stage of hair loss still, so finasteride, and minoxidil if you want to do that too, would be a good option for you. If you're interested in it definitely speak to a doctor and do some research. Your hair isn't too bad at the moment, but as you can see it isn't the thickest. Finasteride will most likely allow you to maintain what you have, possibly will regrow a bit for you. Minoxidil will most likely make your hair thicker, but you're fighting a losing battle without finasteride. Good luck whatever you choose to do : )

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, start finasteride. Those baby hairs is the hair coming back but they are coming back smaller every time until eventually they will not come back at all. I can see possibly the crown beginning to thin. You can start minoxidil if you would like as well to produce the maximum results although finasteride should be enough for maintenance