25 Yo Nw5 - finasteride/dutasteride/loniten 5mg/minoxidil 5%

seppger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Sepp and I want to tell you my story:

My hair loss story starts around age 18. My temples went away very fast and I was around NW2-3 at age 20.
Then it stops for a while until I noticed thinning all over the top (maybe also sides) at age 21. My hairline was still intact and I could wear a hair style also with that 50% density. So I wasn't to much worried about that.
Three years later the hair loss got severe and there was no chance to hide it anymore. I'm heavily thinned in the NW5 area and also affected in the NW6 area which is about 50% density.
I never noticed much hair loss up to now, just silent lost of density.

I buzzed my hair down and thought life will go on without much problems but the reality shows me the opposite. I look at least 10 years older now and got big problems with my self confidence and lifestyle.

So I decided in 2015 to start hair loss threatment. Because of fear of side effects I only used Kirkland minoxidil for about 15 months which gaves me some regrowth over the first 6 months, but it wasn't really enough. Than the minoxidil lost its effectness and I went back to baseline in June 2016. I think its about fake Kirkland minoxidil I got, but I'm not sure.

I have contacted much hair surgeons and also got a personal meeting but my hair loss is too severe for a transplant at this time. They gave me the advice to get on finasteride or something else.

I still have the most (if not all) hairs miniaturized. Some of them grow long and thick without colour, some of them are more small vellus hairs. Even my temples, which I lost around 6-7 years ago are full of vellus hairs.
Without distance many people just think I'm light blonde, but from a few meters its clearly seen the horseshoe pattern and my natural hair colour at the sides and back.

I take 1,25mg finasteride/day and around 1,5ml 5% minoxidil 2x/day since 1,5 months without much change up to now.
I want to start Loniten 5mg tomorrow and looking into further threatments.

Can you give me an advice?

IMG_20160422_140901.jpg IMG_20160422_140912.jpg IMG_20160504_141621.jpg IMG_20160716_132204.jpg IMG_20160721_122506.jpg

Last edited:

seppger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but should I go directly to better drugs like dutasteride, spironolactone to get decent regrowth? I want to add Loniten (Oral minoxidil) tomorrow to boost up the progress. Maybe also 0,5mg dutasteride to the finasteride.

My goal is to get back to a NW3 to be able to get a fue hair transplant for the temples and maybe hairline.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fake Kirkland minoxidil? That's a thing? Why would anyone counterfeit something so cheap?

bloupbloup

Reaction score
Hi Seppger !
As your head is full of miniaturized hairs you should theoretically see a great thickening and possibly regrow from finasteride + Min alone.
I would suggest you wait 6-9 months to see where these two take you.
Also be sure to use a good Keto shampoo (nizoral if you can handle it, for me it's Revita/Regenepure)

Duta, spironolactone (I guess you mean oral ?) and oral minoxidil is an other story. I personally use it but I wouldn't recommend to anyone since it's dangerous stuff and completely unproven / not approved. Start with the proven things (Big 3) that do great things for many.

seppger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to give you an update.

My regime is:

finasteride 1,25mg since July 2016
minoxidil topical since July 2016
Loniten (minoxidil oral) since September 2016 (10mg since December 2016)

All drugs are legit with prescription, so it can't be a placebo.

For my worry I don't see much improvement. It's still very depending on the light and camera. My hair can look good or like a NW6 now with a 3mm cut.

I want to make some changes. To me it looks like Minoxidil is the key for regrowth in all spectacular cases.. But it needs a good environment, maybe finasteride isn't enough for me to give minoxidil its potential (even at this high oral dose).
What do you recommend? I think about dutasteride or 50-100mg oral spironolactone.

ghijgfwaidawd.jpg IMG_20161210_213740.jpg IMG_20170116_013308.jpg IMG_20170116_013309.jpg IMG_20170313_151930.jpg IMG_20170313_151938.jpg IMG_20170313_151942.jpg

Last edited:

resu

Reaction score
Fake Kirkland minoxidil? That's a thing? Why would anyone counterfeit something so cheap?

When you add up it's quite a profit, hence why I stopped using Kirkland from eBay back then.

enneceffe867

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in your condition . I started in a situation similar to yours.
the regrowth is impressive. I'm happy for you.