25 Yr Old Male Started Taking Finasteride!! Need Advice

tushar135

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a 25yr old male. I am a NW2. I started my hairloss 2-3 years back but back then it was very mild. In the recent months my hairloss has accelerated a lot. I am scared of bathing as I lose a lot of hair after that.

I saw a doctor for this and she prescribed me 12.5% minoxidil (to be used in night). I have been using that for the last 10 days and that certainly has sped up my hairloss.

After getting depressed, I started researching about this a lot on the internet and found that you need to have Finasteride to block DHT which hits the root cause of male pattern baldness. I was very excited to know about this but I also read a lot about the side effects you got from finasteride which cautioned me.

Nevertheless, I got Finpecia (1 mg) and started taking it since last four days. I didn't notice any sides for the first three days. But yesterday after I fapped, I found my semen to be watery. But the thing that actually worried me was the Burning sensation that I felt after it in the p*nis and balls.

Today again I fapped curious to know if I faced the same sensation, but it didn't happen. However, I do feel the occassional ache in my balls though.

I haven't faced any side in terms of libido, erections or sensitivity. Should I continue my regimen or lower the dose to probably 0.5mg eod?

Please advice.

Attachments

• Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 279

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm the same age and we have identical hairlines. I've been on finasteride 1.25 for 10 months. It's helped with density and maintaining my crown , but if you're anything like me, don't expect it to help the hairline.

I also noticed watery semen after the first few days. As for the burning sensation, no clue.

I wouldn't lower the dose, but that's just my opinion. Guys here might tell you different.

I'm not using minoxidil, seems like too much of a hassle and too many horror stories of it makin things worse and never improving.

Try keto shampoo with the finasteride and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck