25yo here, am I too far gone?

Rhonage

Reaction score
Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/AcZpY

I recently shaved my hair off to see if I have a good shaped head or not (came to terms that I'm going to have to shave my head bald sometime soon), but I didn't realise how little I had left.
I've also been seriously considering getting treatment, and would love to hear my options from anyone in a similar situation.
Thanks in advance!

ek1

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to check and see if there is a dermatologist in your area that specializes in hair loss just for a professional outlook for your situation.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say you'll see significant improvements, but I wouldn't expect a NW2 hairline without transplant surgery, if that is an option. It's definitely worth giving it a go for a year and seeing if you're happy enough with the improvement and/or you are a candidate for transplant surgery.

Best of luck!

Itsmeagain

Reaction score
I think that finasteride and minoxidil will give you a good chance to hold on to what you have and probably get some nice gains. I don't think that you are at a point where an hair transplant is an option right now given your age and level of loss. You have a nice head. You can shave it or fight it. It's a tough choice.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to predict. You'd see some kind of results, but honestly you'd look good bald. You might just want to own being a young bald dude.

If medical science does come up with a real way to reverse hair loss, you'll be able to go that route later in life if you so choose.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, if you began treatment on the big three and used something like nanogen or toppik, I think your hair would look really good. I don't know if you'd get quite the results you want from the big three alone, but I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility either