26, craaaaazy itching occasionally, and diffused thinning?

mark26

Reaction score
Hi there,
Mark, here is my situation, Id like to get your opinion on what kind of balding is that exactly, here the picture 1 is the side of the crown
2 is the vertex corner where hairs growth in every direction, 3 is the vertex, and 4 is the front line. Those picture are from 07/15', im on finasteride since 01-01-15 i dont have before pics, but ill upload some actual , personally, i dont see any difference after 14 month of propecia,

I started nizoral every 3 days 2 weeks ago. looks fine, no sides.

i bought rogaine 5% but im THAT scared of getting worst so I never used it ............. (got it for 5-6 month)

And every day, there is a moment when itching starts and where I must be looking like a monkey fighting lice deep down in his hair....
I dont know if it can be a sign of something?? My Dermatologist gave me "ratio ectosone 0.1%" but i dont like the fact that this only cure symptoms and not the actual problem....

So what do you guys think? opinion? idea? regimen recommandation?
Thank you very much.

Also, should I shave my head at #2 , and start rogaine? the stuff will be better applied this way?

Pics http://www.photo-host.org/images/2016/02/28/E2Tuv.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. it looks like you're gradually diffusing and forming a pattern known as male pattern baldness.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were losing hair before finasteride, and finasteride has maintained your hair - stay on it, and GET on MINOXIDIL asap
IF you hair is worst than before finasteride, and the itching started with the start of finasteride - quit that sh*t now and consider something else

- there are various places that you can have compounded a minoxidil in whatever percentage you'd like, with additional compounds added. I respond really well to hydrocortisone, so I had them add that and it stopped the itch. I also started using coal tar shampoo (t-gel) and that somehow helped.

I don't know if it will work for you, I am just conveying my personal experience. I was on finasteride one year and I had horrible scalp inflammation and rapid hair loss. I am praying this sh*t will finally stop. good luck.

mark26

Reaction score
hydrocortisone hmm? and what about coal tar? is it similar to nizoral ?
thanks for your advice, think ill try minoxidil, I read that you must have a certain "gene" to be a good candidate for minoxidil, how can i confirm that?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Extract some cells from you dermis, isolate the DNA, order the necassary primers and conduct some PCR to see if that specific gene is amplified, clone it in a plasmid to obtain a large quantity and isolate the DNA and sequence it. haha... jk, there's no way to tell man aside from trial and error. good luck!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced the same reaction after 5 months on finasteride I started feeling a constant itch to my entire scalp , never had this problem before finasteride. I don't know if I should get off finasteride since I don't know what is causing the itch I also been using mino for 7 months. I bought some t gel and tea tree oil today and used it today for the first and my scalp is still burning and itching

mark26

Reaction score
if its like the lotion I got from the dermatologist, its not an "instant" action, it can take up to a day to work she told me.... so long when you got itchy scalp like crazy.....

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,
Mark, here is my situation, Id like to get your opinion on what kind of balding is that exactly, here the picture 1 is the side of the crown
2 is the vertex corner where hairs growth in every direction, 3 is the vertex, and 4 is the front line. Those picture are from 07/15', im on finasteride since 01-01-15 i dont have before pics, but ill upload some actual , personally, i dont see any difference after 14 month of propecia,

I started nizoral every 3 days 2 weeks ago. looks fine, no sides.

i bought rogaine 5% but im THAT scared of getting worst so I never used it ............. (got it for 5-6 month)

And every day, there is a moment when itching starts and where I must be looking like a monkey fighting lice deep down in his hair....
I dont know if it can be a sign of something?? My Dermatologist gave me "ratio ectosone 0.1%" but i dont like the fact that this only cure symptoms and not the actual problem....

So what do you guys think? opinion? idea? regimen recommandation?
Thank you very much.

Also, should I shave my head at #2 , and start rogaine? the stuff will be better applied this way?

Pics http://www.photo-host.org/images/2016/02/28/E2Tuv.jpg

Mark,
If your hair was NOT see through before finasteride, you've been on it for 14 months and it has become that diffused, then you are in the EXACT same situation as me. My hair looks almost identical to yours now. Before finasteride, I could put it up like that and you could barely see through it, and now, it's very very diffused all over the scalp. IF this is the case then GET THE F*CK OFF FINASTERIDE. Listen to your body, it is not responding well to the drug. It has either sped up your male pattern baldness greatly, which abso-f*cking-lutely can happen, 100% guaranteed, I swear on my dead grandmothers grave, it CAN... or it has induced Telogen Effluvium. Get off it and try something else like RU, minoxidil, hell even dutasteride if you're comfortable with it.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mark,
If your hair was NOT see through before finasteride, you've been on it for 14 months and it has become that diffused, then you are in the EXACT same situation as me. My hair looks almost identical to yours now. Before finasteride, I could put it up like that and you could barely see through it, and now, it's very very diffused all over the scalp. IF this is the case then GET THE F*CK OFF FINASTERIDE. Listen to your body, it is not responding well to the drug. It has either sped up your male pattern baldness greatly, which abso-f*cking-lutely can happen, 100% guaranteed, I swear on my dead grandmothers grave, it CAN... or it has induced Telogen Effluvium. Get off it and try something else like RU, minoxidil, hell even dutasteride if you're comfortable with it.
Buckthorn I'm really sorry about your situation has your itch gone away yet ? What's your current regimen ?