26 receding from very front of hairline-pics

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Figured it was time to post my story. Just hit 5 months on finasteride so figured it would be a good time. So I've always had a U shaped hairline like a norwood 2 or 1.5. I am not experiencing any thinning at the temples just the very front of my hairline. I first noticed shedding when I was about 23. I went into denial and decided not to do anything for 2.5 years. I guess I am receding at a slow rate bc I still have the same hairline position just way thinner and its about to go. I dont have alot of family background unfortunately. My Uncle on my moms side is a norwood one who is 60. My Grandfather didnt loss his hair to his 70's on moms side. My dad has same exact hairline, color hair and eyes colors, and his hairline has receded back probably like 3 inches and hes 60. Seems like I got only his physical traits you literally cant tell Im my moms son. Pics attached. I was just curious if anyone had similar recession.

My shedding has basically stopped on 1mg finasteride. Been using minoxidil because it gives me relief from the itch i have vellus hairs but nothing significant. Just got my first order of RU also.

Attachments

• IMG_8983.JPG
    IMG_8983.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_8982.JPG
    IMG_8982.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 373

AussieM

Reaction score
Hey brother,

It seems you and I have very similar stories. I am also 26 and have been dealing with receding for the last couple of years. Have a read of my profile story to know what has worked for me. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/AussieM

I have been on Propecia for two years and it has helped greatly! If you get sides just cut down to half a pill a day like I did, and the sides will hopefully go away :D

In regards to minoxidil, I wish I hadn't started as I have only shed the last few months however it is different for everyone. Get on something like Folligen spray too for a better chance to grow those vellus hairs. Use a little amount of Folligen otherwise your scalp will go green lol

g.i joey

Reaction score
i think you have a TAD bit more recession than me but my hair looks thinner. im only 23 though. keep going with finasteride my bro recovered his forelock and is going strong on 6 years finasteride, he has a better hairline than me, unfortunately i could only function with small doses of finasteride.

obm

Reaction score
Stay the course man. Stick with finasteride and stay positive. You are in good shape for 26.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah always being a norwood 2 and receding from the front sucks. I would much rather be a norwood 1 receding at the temples. Mine isnt bad yet, but this **** is so unpredictable you never no when its just going to take off. I dont think I am getting any regrowth from minoxidil, maybe slight, but it just relieves the itch which makes it worth it for me. I'm at 5 1/2 months on finasteride shedding has decreased. Luckily I dont have any hairloss on the crown. So hoping to slow the recession down, and depending how bad it gets maybe one transplant in the front in my mid to late 30s.

- - - Updated - - -

i think you have a TAD bit more recession than me but my hair looks thinner. im only 23 though. keep going with finasteride my bro recovered his forelock and is going strong on 6 years finasteride, he has a better hairline than me, unfortunately i could only function with small doses of finasteride.

Do you know what month your brother started to notice regrowth/ change in his hairs appearance. ****s so haird to compare with pictures just a giant mental ****. Really need to compare like every 6 months. BUt being impatient I constantly am trying to see if theres a change.