26 receeding

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Started noticing hair loss when I was about 21. I always had a widows peak hairline so any loss up front makes it look that much worse. At first I tried to combat hair loss with rogaine foam years ago. I gave up on that and since then I have tried about everything. Saw palmetto, DNC, minidoxil Nuhair ect. I did start finasteride 6 months ago. Started off on .5mg EOD for the first few months then 1mg EOD for a few months and now im on 1.25mg every day with a small shed. My hair has thinned out quite a bit since 01 and I hope finasteride can get me some confidence again. My hairline is also hopeful. I can see small fuzzy hairs where it used to be and even some darker small hairs now. I'm using spironolactone cream and castor oil right now with Rvivogen and keta weekly. I feel like my hairline needs a kick and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything. Minidoxil make me itch bad but I hear a lot of success stories with people using the foam on the hairline. Also, my dad is bald so I know it's in the genes. Thanks and goodluck,

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as I went to 1mg I had some aches in my testicles for a few days. They have now gone away. Thats about it. Not as much morning wood, which I feel is a good thing and I am still horny as ever.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
What Norwood stage would you think I am? I am also seeing hairs on the hairline coming in slowly. Hoping to get it back.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nw2, your follicle is not dead if u are seeing little hairs. 5 months is when i saw hairs coming in @ the temples.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking about dropping spironolactone S5. Just ordered some Folligen cream in hopes to bring the hairline back stronger and faster.

akki

Reaction score
i m 18 yrs old n this hairfall is frustating a lot.... guys.... I m on my 4th month on finasteride... Bt in first 3 months of finasteride... It has worked but had made the thing worst... Norwood i dnt losse 20 or 30 hairs when i shower bt still i loose abut 4-5 hairs in shower and i estimate dat i losse around 20 in whole day Norwood.... finasteride has workd n decrease my hair fall... Bt in 2nd n 3rd month on finasteride... i loose horribly much more hair n now i have much less hair on my head... Still i dosent have any bald spot when i comb vl evrythng luk normal bt it isnt normal... I really have very less hair and i hv 2 comb it all the time... So anybody here who gone through the same den plz plz tell me that wat vl be the next??? My scalp wld remain lyk dis or vl get worst or vl get better??? I really Norwood have very less hair on my crown and on my frontal scalp.... Plz suggest

akki

Reaction score
i m 18 yrs old n dis hairfall is frustating a lot.... guys.... I m on my 4th month on finasteride... I was having horrible hairfall... Bt in first 3 months of finasteride... It gets evn worst... Norwood i dnt losse 20 or 30 hairs when i shower bt still i loose abut 4-5 hairs in shower and i estimate dat i losse around 20 in whole day Norwood.... finasteride has workd n decrease my hair fall... Bt in 2nd n 3rd month i loose horribly much more hair n Norwood i hv much less hair on my head... Still i dosent hv any bald spot when i comb vl evrythng luk normal bt it isnt normal... I really have very less hair and i hv 2 comb it all the time... So anybody here who gone through the same den plz plz tell me that wat vl be the next??? My scalp wld remain lyk dis or vl get worst or vl get better??? I really Norwood have very less hair on my crown and on my frontal scalp.... Plz suggest

akki

Reaction score
i havent got any side effect by the use of finasteride.... N its working well... Just stick to it and you will se the result.... I have alot of baby hairs on my scalp... Just hoping that they grow soon... Finger crossed

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
1 week in on Rogaine foam 5% after not using it for years. Going through a nasty shed. Not much I can do other than ride it out. Going to use up all 4 cans of it and go from there. Itching to try DNC-N. Folligen cream should be here soon so I can replace S5 with that.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Just about 1 month on 5% foam. Typical shed losing a lot of hair. Hair looks horrible but I'm hoping for the best. Also added Folligen cream but I'm not putting too much stock into that. Still taking finasteride 1.25mg at least EOD. I think I'm seeing the hair on the hairline coming up and I'm praying that next month will show some positive results. Also thinking about buying 5% liquid because the foam can be a pain unless your hair is buzzed. Will try and post pics. Fist link shows a close up...bad pics but I see growth?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/hair001.jpg/

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-...mageshack.us/img267/9962/hair002.th.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Been tough lately. Definitely slipped into nw3 territory and shaved my head to keep from counting the falling hairs which were around 50 a day. Still using foam twice daily with sides though. Bloated face, dark circles and eye pain. finasteride is now being used every other day due to sides. Ball and penis ache, brain fog and tired. Also have been using folligen cream after minoxidil. Hopefully things shape up better. Hair never looked worse. Thinning everywhere.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Little update. Shed has finally halted. Just over 2 months on foam and now I'm hoping to turn the corner and get some growth. minoxidil sides suck though. Eye ache, bags and wrinkles under my eyes and crappy looking skin. Wish there was a better alternative. Still taking finasteride 1.25mg every other day. I would say it effected my libido a little bit. Erections arent as strong but no problem getting it up. Also been using folligen cream and just finished up a bottle of spironolactone 5%. I still see a lot of tiny hairs where my hairline used to be but they havent grown in yet. Time will tell. happy new year.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still here just giving an update. I have been on minoxidil since October of 2011 and finasteride for the past year and a half maybe? Anyways, overall I'm pleased to say my hairloss has stopped. I am just now starting to regrow hair along the hairline which is exciting even though it has taken forever. I believe this is mostly due to me adding a few things to my regime. I have added Certizine in water only and also Capillogain. I still take finasteride but when I was taking 1.25mg daily my hair went to ****. The sides of my head thinned badly so I stopped. I am now taking .25-.5mg eod and my hair looks much better. Also, I take 1000mg of Fish Oil and just started taking Quercetin EOD too. I did have pics but it looks like they vanished. I'll try and upload a few shortly.

Thanks.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost cried after seeing how much more hair I had in the OP. Loosing the fight. Might have to try dutasteride