26 Y/o Nw5 - Transplants And Systems

jay_method

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a 26-year-old NW5 seeking advice on hair transplantation and hair systems.

I began losing hair at 18 and it has been a rather fast process. I have never abused drugs, steroids, etc.---it’s hereditary, premature baldness is present on both sides of my family. I have yet to find a permanent, workable solution to my issue. Rather than shave my head, I have been combining a gelled combover with hair fibers. This has not stopped me from getting dates, but clearly this is not a permanent solution. Furthermore, as I progress into NW6 or NW7 not even this will be an option.

I have done quite a bit of research on the best hair loss solutions---things such as finasteride, minoxidil, transplantation, micropigmentation, hair systems, etc. I tried minoxidil early on and every single time I embarked on a regimen would have bumpy skin irritation where I was applying it. I ruled out finasteride due to the many horror stories surrounding it. I have ruled out micropigmentation as a solution for myself.

That leaves me with transplantation and hair systems. With transplantation, candidacy and cost are the two biggest factors. With hair systems, finding a credible, long-lasting, affordable system is the issue. Here are my two questions:

1. Transplantation Question: Can someone who has had a successful transplant (preferably someone who was NW4 or NW5) offer guidance on candidacy, managing cost, and finding the best surgeon?

2. Hair System Question: Can someone who wears or has worn a system offer guidance on finding a system that is undetectable, versatile (I can exercise and swim in it), and affordable? Frankly the hair system market is like the Wild West---dozens of sites and providers with a range of opinions and reviews.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your guidance with managing this frustrating problem!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

I began losing hair at 18 and it has been a rather fast process. I have never abused drugs, steroids, etc.---it’s hereditary, premature baldness is present on both sides of my family. I have yet to find a permanent, workable solution to my issue. Rather than shave my head, I have been combining a gelled combover with hair fibers. This has not stopped me from getting dates, but clearly this is not a permanent solution. Furthermore, as I progress into NW6 or NW7 not even this will be an option.

I have done quite a bit of research on the best hair loss solutions---things such as finasteride, minoxidil, transplantation, micropigmentation, hair systems, etc. I tried minoxidil early on and every single time I embarked on a regimen would have bumpy skin irritation where I was applying it. I ruled out finasteride due to the many horror stories surrounding it. I have ruled out micropigmentation as a solution for myself.

That leaves me with transplantation and hair systems. With transplantation, candidacy and cost are the two biggest factors. With hair systems, finding a credible, long-lasting, affordable system is the issue. Here are my two questions:

1. Transplantation Question: Can someone who has had a successful transplant (preferably someone who was NW4 or NW5) offer guidance on candidacy, managing cost, and finding the best surgeon?

2. Hair System Question: Can someone who wears or has worn a system offer guidance on finding a system that is undetectable, versatile (I can exercise and swim in it), and affordable? Frankly the hair system market is like the Wild West---dozens of sites and providers with a range of opinions and reviews.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your guidance with managing this frustrating problem!
There are two entire subforums for both bullet points...

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1. If you still haven't reached you final pattern, a hair transplant is kinda out of question without meds. Your hair loss will keep progressing naturally and you will need a second or third hair transplant, I guess depending on your final stage that you could pull off a very "thin" look depending on your donor hair quality, but, it will cost and it will still look bad, in my opinion.
2. I saw some time ago a video on youtube with a guy getting a quality hair system, this:
, you can give it a go.

My advice: like you, i was teriffied by finasteride, i was imagining that by taking one pill my dick will fall off. Time was passing by and so was my hair, i got desperate and recently i got on a low dose of finasteride, no sides so far and my hair keeps getting thicker. If you manage to stop your hair loss on finasteride, you will also become a good candidate for a hair transplant. Cheers !