26 year old..What Norwood am I?

ruebald

Reaction score
I used Rogaine for a few years at 19-24 then stopped. Used Nizoral during this period too. Also tried propecia at 21 and noticed a lack of libido and got scared and stopped after a few weeks. Was using a product from amazon for 15% minoxidil and azelaic acid and they got out of business and stopped using anything again. Restarted after noticing my hair loss was getting worse in September 2012 and have been using 5% minoxidil and Nizoral.

I have been smoking for the last 3 years as well and just quit a week ago. Can you guys advise what I should do? What Norwood stage am I at? Does exercise help? Do you guys think olive oil in the night helps? Are there others who stopped and restarted minoxidil and nizoral? What results are expected and in what timeline? Also is it at a stage where I should consider shaving it all off?

The first pic is from 15 sept 2012 and the 4 ones after that are in Dec 15.

See my pics:

Photo on 9-16-12 at 8.47 PM #5.jpgPhoto on 12-7-12 at 9.31 PM #3.jpgPhoto on 12-7-12 at 9.31 PM.jpgPhoto on 12-15-12 at 12.44 AM.jpgPhoto on 10-18-12 at 8.52 PM #2.jpg

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse NW2 (NW6 pattern). If want to experiment with worthless methods, then of course you can, it's your choice. But the fact is, only two things will work, minoxidil and Finasteride. Nizoral is a good complimentary shampoo because Ketoconazole, the active ingredient, is a mild androgen inhibitor. Olive oil, working out, will do nothing in regards to hairloss unfortunately.