26 Years Old & Losing Hair Since I Was 16.

Squirrel90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to share my experience and have some advice if possible and sorry about my english btw, I'm from Belgium and I never really learned the language properly, only by randomly reading and writing it over the years.

I started noticing hair loss on the crown at 16 years old, it was not that bad at first so I did not really care about it, I was probably thinking that it would not go so far since I don't really know any people in my family who had hair loss so early.

At 18 I really started noticing a bigger hole on the crown and it really bothered me and I was already a person who has not alot of self-confidence so having that hair loss getting bigger really did not help at all.

Well now I'm 26 and cutting my hair shorter every year, I'm currently cutting them to 2-3mm now. There was not much that happened since I was 18, had some anxiety, stress and stuff going on and I was not doing much and I started to get back to myself some month ago.

So yea, now I would like to find a way where I will not think about this hair loss every day, it might be a bit late but I don't know, that's probably why I'm coming over this website to see if I could get some advice. My self-confidence is pretty much low so that bother me alot, I'm tall so it's pretty much hard to notice I'm bald on the crown when I'm standing but when I sit it annoys me, everyone can see that big hole on my head.

The thing is I don't know why I'm having that hair loss, I don't know anyone in my family that had any hair loss that early or hair loss at all, probably my dad on the temple but he always had a big forehead so I don't know. I was also dying my hair and putting alot of hair gel on my hair when I was young but not sure if it does matter and about the anxiety and stress period I had it was after I started having my hair loss so I'm lost.

And having my hair cut so low doesn't go really well with my face and also too skinny for that haircut, if I could I would prefer having some hair but I don't even want to think how horrible it would be with all these hole and I'm pretty sure I will have to shave my head before I'm 30.

Here is a screenshot from above of my hair.

Attachments

• Hair loss.jpg
    Hair loss.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 323

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi squirrel

your case is a book case for me. which is the lenght of the hair of your relatives? shorter or longer that you?

you have an advanced alopecia and regrowth hairs is a very difficult goal.

Squirrel90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the answer and about my relatives, all their hair are longer than mine.

I remember that like 2 years ago I had also a period where I was losing alot of hair almost everyday. But in the last year I haven't really noticed any important hair loss.

I was thinking to let my hair grow back to like 1,5 inch and see how it is.

I did not know about Finasteride and Minoxidil before yesterday, I also went through some success story where some people were using them and that's amazing but I'm scared about the side effect of Finasteride, I haven't seen much about Minoxidil though but these are probably needed to take for all your life if I'm not wrong, I mean if you're getting alot of hair back and you stop them won't you lose everything again?

About the doctor script I did some research and it seem that Minoxidil 2% can be get without one here and the 5% require you to get a doctor script, same for the Finasteride. I should go and talk about this.