26 YO fighting a losing battle * Help *

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been lurking around this site for many years as I try to fight this losing battle against genetics. Not one day passes where my hair is not on my mind...I want to avoid a sob story, but I'm truly starting to lose hope. I finally decided to throw my story out there in hopes you guys can offer feedback and advice..

Let's quickly rewind...my family history of baldness is inevitable. My mother has thin hair and her father sported the David Letterman style balding pattern until his passing. My mothers 3 brothers are completely bald on top (NW6) pattern. My father didn't start balding until age 32. Started at the crown and got progressively worse as he aged. He still has a hairline and hair slightly behind it..but the crown balding has turned into a crater at age 58. His brother ironically has a full head of jet black hair with a teenager hairline at age 63.

Me: Always sported a buzz cut look my entire life. Notice corners of hairline thinning at age 18 which slowly became worse every year to where I am at now at 26. I can no longer buzz my hair shorter than a 6 guard without obvious thinning at my hairline and top of head. I started with Spectral DNC, which was a waste and stained my head. After reading many horrific experiences with Propecia, I decided to give it a whirl. Pill destroyed my body. I used it for 10 months with the last 2 months taking half a pill EOD. I work out religiously and the pill cause excess belly weight, side (waist) weight and the worst, the beginning of gyno. Experienced brain fog and stuttering problems on this and loss of libido. I was basically experiencing what all the people on those bashing Propecia sites were. Noticed no positive growth while on Propecia, just my body not liking it.

I currently just use Rogaine foam 2x a day and Regenepure Dr shampoo. Guys what do I do? I see so many positive success stories with Propecia, but my body just wasn't having it and the impact on my hair was minimal. What should I add? Laser comb I here is a scam and everything else out there mostly is just a waste of money. I considered jumping back on Propecia at .5mg, but I REALLY don't want to go this route as I am still not 100% myself 4 months off. My hairline is going up what feels like every month and I'm thinking I should just accept it and move on.

What else can I do?

Pictures below were taking under bright lighting with a flash to fully reveal my concerns. Hair is currently at 6 guard length and thinning is clearly seen along the corners of hairline.

31D9398C.jpg

E1DF1EDF.jpg

3E9B86E9.jpg

36061E5F.jpg

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Dude it still dont look that bad i wish i had that much hair.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Danny, I appreciate it...BUT it's like watching a boat slowly sink. You know it's ultimately going to be fully submerged and there is nothing you can do about it. That's my hair in a nut shell.

It doesn't look bad because I brush it down. The minute I spike it up I want to crawl in a hole in shame. I know many may have "slick" areas...but I'm trying to avoid that. Is there anything worth trying beyond Propecia? Thanks for your response.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I know dude i have been there trust me thats male pattern baldness for you it slowly takes its time (with some anyway some people hair goes quick) thats the worst bit if it went all in one go i dont think i would be arsed i would be shocked of course but it be done but male pattern baldness takes its time...how long will it last where will it fall out the front or crown or both etc....but im over it now....and other meds to try? the only other one i know is rogaine which i think keeps the hair you have but you have to keep taking it you cant stop.