26yo, just starting to look at possible ways of retaining/maximising what I have

qwerty2222

Reaction score
Hi,

From the ages of 15-18 I had very long, thick hair. By 19 I cut it off for career reasons. Since then, I've been thinning.

My father's side is all bald, my mother's side is all bald. My father is bald, and my brother is balding. Genetically speaking, I'm f**ked.

For me, it hasn't been a big deal. I've always kind of had the opinion that aesthetic looks are superficial. I've always been in very good health, exercise 5 days a week, eat a lot of whole and raw foods - as controversial as that topic is.

Long story short, I'm now trying to enhance my hair.

Here is where I was 03/07/2013:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Since then I've been using natural supplementation, including: biotin (5000mcg), nettle root extract (500mg), He Shou Wu (500mg) and GoJi extract everyday.

Here are my results so far (13/07/2013):

1_1.jpg2_2.jpg3_3.jpg4_4.jpg

Nothing.

I don't expect many people to support my natural approach; right now I just don't think hair is important enough for me to expose my otherwise healthy self to synthetics.

I don't "think" I really lose much hair. If I run my hand through my scalp, I don't see any hairs fall out. I've been massaging my scalp of a night; sometimes applying olive oil with cayenne pepper. I've also got an order for Saw Palmetto and some biotin shampoo/conditioner - this should arrive on 15/07/2013.

I obviously want to try and thicken the hair on top; if anyone has any pointers/advice I would appreciate it.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
I have taken biotin 5000mcg, nettle extract, Fo-Ti (He Shou Wu), and Saw Palmetto myself for around idk, 4 months maybe? And haven't seen much improvement besides a thickening of the hair I already have and at most a slight reduction in shedding. The other day I finally got sick of it so I went ahead and got a presription for Finasteride. My hair loss isn't quite as progressed as yours but you should try to do everything you can to at least keep what you have natural or not.

I wish I would have seen the doctor a few years ago and I could have stopped it right when it started but I'm in the same boat as you now. Trust me, a Propecia proscription is really easy to get, it only took me a 5 minute visit with a quick exam for a few bucks and done.

Anyways, I've tried the majority of what your on and still take them and wont stop any time soon but look at them as supplementary, I have certainly noticed a difference in them but not enough to warrant relying solely on them. The real issue is that the FDA approved stuff costs around $50 a month for either Rogain or Finasteride (Propecia) and you can't stop taking them ever but I bit the bullet.

Hair loss really is very difficult to combat as I'm sure you can tell from reading posts on here. Your basically fighting an upward battle against nature so that is why I'd imagine natural products not working much. Nature can't fight well against things it has never experienced. Sure, an axe can chop a tree down but a chainsaw can do it a heck of a lot faster if you catch my drift.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on natural DHT blockers for about 1 year. They have helped with the shedding and overall quality of my hair. It won't make a night and day difference, but it is better than nothing. These natural supplements can become very expensive. I went on the WallMart website and searched saw palmetto; it came back with some stuff for the prostate that contains a lot of those ingredients. Something like Urinozinc. Went to the store it's only like 15 bucks for 45 day supply check it out! Also bought the S5 cream and that seems to helping. I also have absolutely no noticeable sides.