26yo nw2/3 diffuse thinner

Dominik

Reaction score
Just turned 26. Anyways, I've been losing my hair for about 4 1/2 years. I've been kind of so so about a lot of things so I just didn't give a rat and let it happen, which I now regret. Anyways, I've been on Finasteride, Minoxidil, and Regenepure for some weeks now (maybe a little over a month already? forgot when I started, I'll get the exact date later). That's all I've changed. I haven't added anything else. Several people have already told me that they see my recession slowly filling in a little bit with new hair even though it's not very dense yet! Honestly, I didn't even expect anything to happen with the recession. I just wanted to battle the diffuse thinning. I wouldn't even care about the recession all that much. It's the thinning on top of the receding that's killing me. I have pictures at home on my laptop. I'll post them later. I'll start documenting it more closely. Hope it keeps improving. If I can turn back the clock a bit I'll be more than happy.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Dominik, I'm 27 and also a diffuse thinner with early temporal recession. I would have thought that a few weeks is a bit early for the recession to fill in, but maybe it is and you're a really good responder! I've been on finasteride for just over a month and on rogaine for a few weeks and nizoral every 3 days. I think I'm starting to regrow some hair too, my thin spots are becoming less obvious (I think!). You're doing the right thing man, and it sounds like it's already starting to work for you, keep a photographic record every couple of weeks - every month so you can really see the difference.

Dominik

Reaction score
This is so weird! I get more of these little hair towards the top of my recession and it's not just peach fuzz they actually feel like little stubbles. On the other hand, my hair density is going to the ****ter all around my head right now. I'm certainly no candidate for a hair transplant. I have diffuse thinning all over my head. Thank God I'm blonde, otherwise this would be a disaster with the contrast between hair and skin (no offense intended to non blondes). In a strange way though I'm getting really, really excited right now. This is probably a very, very good sign. I hope I have new, strong, healthy hair popping out very soon. Come one baby, shed some more! LOL! :eek:nfire: I guess the best way to deal with it is to make a game out of it. Honestly though, I'm depressed as **** right now and I'm just trying to cheer myself up. :(

Here is a picture of the side of my head:

http://postimg.org/image/tbd3sc8e3/69e04850/

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there dude, cool to see your story here and in some ways reassuring, too! Allow me to ramble a bit...

This feels kind of absurd to read, because our situations are in many ways completely the same.. I'm only 23, but started hair loss around 4 years ago as well - similar to you - but didn't do anything about it at first because the hair loss was so aggressive and I went from a perfect NW0 to a NW2.5ish in a matter of 6 months, so I figured I'd have no chance keeping that not to mention regrowing any hair. Well, it didn't actually progress much: at the moment I am something like NW3, which is not a bad drop in 3 years or so considering the first 6 months made me go from 0 to 2.5, and I've been on the treatments for about 5 weeks now, similar to you.

Similarly, I also am the most concerned about my thickness on the top. My hairline itself is a solid NW2-something (and has baby hair at the temples to make it seem like it's kind of normal and not a high and mature hairline), it's just that the thickness on the top effing sucks which makes my hair loss look like closer to something like NW3 Vertex -type of hair loss, if I grow my hair to be longer than a few millimetres long. There are no full on bald spots there, but the hair is ridiculously thin so my scalp is totally visible from certain angles if I don't style my hair well. I could pull off some hairstyles that made me look like a normal NW2 (assuming you didn't stare at me from above in a well lit room) before I got on finasteride, but after starting finasteride, I have had a MAJOR drop in the thickness of my hair, so I can not actually pull off the same style anymore for now. So even in that regard, I am in the same boat as you.

Also, even though my top thickness has been destroyed in these 5 weeks or so of finasteride, I feel like some of the hairs at the edges of my hairline, like the baby hair spots around the temples etc. are getting a bit fuller and I can see some growth there in surprising areas.. It's nothing to write home about, but I also have an optimistic feel about this, as it seems the stuff is working, even if my hair looks like s**t temporarily. So in that way, I, too, am hoping for more shedding, so the hair can come back stronger than ever, with thickness and some regrowth if I get lucky...!

Sorry for the rambling man, but I could just sympathise with you somehow, so I felt like bombing your thread a bit with a longer post! Keep updating this monthly or something - I'm keen to follow your progress! Here's hoping for regrowth and thickness for us both! :)