27. Hairloss. Finasteride sides. Should I go for hair transplant?

greatreader

Reaction score
Age 27. Hairloss. Finasteride sides. Should I go for hair transplant?

This is me in the pictures. I am 27. I have been losing hair since 17. I have tried minoxidil and finastride. I have had side effects with finasteride like beginning of gyno. I stoped using it. Even though finasteride helped, since now I am discontinuing it, can I look into Hair transplants to cover up my thin hair?

I have changed my food regimens. Using Keraglo/Radiance/Revilus supplements. I have reduced acidic foods. reduced meat. Increased fruits and veggies. Limited to milk and eggs only in animal foods. But no use.

I have a few doubts about my hair. Someone help me.
1. Since I dont have bald spots, will I lose hair around the transplanted hair follicles due to shock loss? Is the shock loss temporary or permanent?
2. Since I am using up my donor hair, can I get my body hair like beard, pubic and chest hair transplanted to my scalp when I have more hair loss ? Youtube videos showing doctors doing this and the scalps dont look fake.
3. I have a lot of itching on my head. It was gone when I was on finasteride. How do I get rid of it ? I am on minoxidil and nizoral.

Help me folks.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Captain

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware a hair transplant won't do the trick. When they do the surgery they also put you on finastride, so having it done without taking finasteride would mean that you'll carry on going bald but have a few strips of hair wherever they've been moved too. I think the alternative to that is having lots of transplants done which would be crazy expensive, and even then who knows if you'd have enough hair. And I don't imagine body hair can be translated, I mean would you really want the hair on your legs to be on your head? It doesn't grow!

shookwun

Reaction score
[video=youtube;tGl76tPNZJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGl76tPNZJY[/video]

greatreader

Reaction score
Does Spironolactone have any side effects? How effecient is it compared to finasteride? Should I consult doctor for this or just get it from a pharmacy and start?

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy expensive? How much ? A rough figure? I live in India where it might be relatively cheaper..

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;T0jSVB1ihAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jSVB1ihAo[/video]

These kinds of vids bring my hopes up. I am no where that bald but might have to opt for this in future.

shookwun

Reaction score
Dont need a hair transplant.

risk loosing more hair in the crown from shock loss. Barely noticible.

Go see Dr bhatti