27, less common male pattern baldness ?

Siege

Reaction score
Hi there,

A little preface here; I'm happy with my balding. I don't mind it and I'm fine with going bald and have no plans to grasp at straws to try to save what I have.

I discovered that I was balding in March of last year, and I always suspected that I was going to have a slight M shaped hairline like my father, but when I buzzed my hair off in March I saw that it extended to my crown and left behind two remnant islands above my forehead. Nobody in my family is this bald and since I'm still pretty young I suspect that I'm going to be at Norwood 11 million by age 35.

I've seen my balding pattern here and there lately, but it doesn't seem to by very typical or at least I don't see it on the Norwood scale. Therefore I *think* I'm at NW4.
Am I going to have that remnant island pair forever?

Cheers guys.
-Chris

IMG_2440.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_1824.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
There is nothing typical with you that's for sure, and that's not necessarily meant as a criticism. It's exceptional not to be at odds with your M.P.B. Frankly I find the oddity not so much with your resigned attitude, but more so the fact that you are preoccupied with your balding pattern itself. Predicting how you will bald or progress is simply not an absolute science. If you care to answer these next question I'ld appreciate an honest response then. Perhaps I'm getting a little carried with semantics, but as you've already professed I'm curious what is it about your baldness that makes you happy? Also if you were a NW5 instead of a Norwood 4 would you feel even happier? Thanks for sharing.
Hi there,

A little preface here; I'm happy with my balding. I don't mind it and I'm fine with going bald and have no plans to grasp at straws to try to save what I have.

I discovered that I was balding in March of last year, and I always suspected that I was going to have a slight M shaped hairline like my father, but when I buzzed my hair off in March I saw that it extended to my crown and left behind two remnant islands above my forehead. Nobody in my family is this bald and since I'm still pretty young I suspect that I'm going to be at Norwood 11 million by age 35.

I've seen my balding pattern here and there lately, but it doesn't seem to by very typical or at least I don't see it on the Norwood scale. Therefore I *think* I'm at NW4.
Am I going to have that remnant island pair forever?

Cheers guys.
-Chris

View attachment 25892View attachment 25893View attachment 25894

Siege

Reaction score
I'm happy with my balding because I'm happy with my image. I see nothing wrong with it as it happens to like 80% of males over the course of their lifetime ( something like that ). As far as the Norwood scale, if it were a 5 that would be fine, it's just those thick islands that seem atypical to me.

Thanks for your input = )

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Balding can be fun. I think it's a coping mechanism some men probably have to deal with it. My friend is absolutely ecstatic that he is getting gray hair. I have no idea why...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy with my balding because I'm happy with my image. I see nothing wrong with it as it happens to like 80% of males over the course of their lifetime ( something like that ). As far as the Norwood scale, if it were a 5 that would be fine, it's just those thick islands that seem atypical to me.

Thanks for your input = )
Oh please stick around! We need people that are positive like you around. All though most people here will make you feel bad about your hair loss and bring you down to their level.

Siege

Reaction score
Cheers mate! I think it's fun too. I'm graying like crazy also, and I can see why your friend is excited about it. Silver Fox Syndrome ala George Clooney, Anderson Cooper etc. It drives the ladies crazy ;P

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx for your response. I respect your honesty and commend your confidence. Don't change for anyone but your true self.

Siege

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm my Norwood number? How long before I'm completely bald?

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm my Norwood number? How long before I'm completely bald?

I would say Norwood 3. However long it took to go from Norwood 2 to go to Norwood 3 would probably be a good indicator of how long it will take to go to Norwood 4.

However you are thinning a lot of areas so it's kind of a Norwood 3.5 going to Norwood 5 kind of situation.