27. Severely bald?

Baldcubbie

Reaction score
So I think I'm far past the no turning back point. No creams really worked for me. I'm considering a hair piece but I'm not sure. Are transplants ever really an option?

i guess it just sucks feeling so much older esp in the gay community when you are only 27. It came on so fast too. I has neatly a full head of hair within the last year of so. Any advice?

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Visit a few hair transplant clinics and see if you're a suitable candidate. Also, losing some weight will make you look younger

candlelight

Reaction score
try propecia! i'm also avoiding the gay community untill propecia kicks in xD if not i'm going for the hairpiece!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Wait a sec... Are you telling me you went from a full head of hair to a full blown NW7 WITHIN A YEAR? :freaked2:

If that's the case I can now say I've seen it all!

I'm going to make a wild guess that your scalp is also painful and feels like it's on fire???

SO SORRY about this though...

At least you seem to have OK donor density so a hair transplant could be an option for you... I wouldn't count on Propecia because you are already fully bald.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Being a NW6 will make you look a bit older. But looking at your pics, you still look pretty young.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are too far gone for any meds to do anything, and your loss covers too much area for a hair transplant to work. You can look into high quality wigs/hair pieces, they are expensive and you need to maintain properly for them to look their best, but they look great as you can see. I strongly suggest looking into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeNrJukg0I

Also, in order to look better I recommend starting bodybuilding seriously. We are all on here because we are self conscious about our appearance right? This will improve your looks and confidence drastically

good luck

nikko

Reaction score
Man don t get a wig, seriously, better bald than spotted using a wig, it s the social death bro.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
You are too far gone for any meds to do anything, and your loss covers too much area for a hair transplant to work. You can look into high quality wigs/hair pieces, they are expensive and you need to maintain properly for them to look their best, but they look great as you can see. I strongly suggest looking into them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeNrJukg0I

Also, in order to look better I recommend starting bodybuilding seriously. We are all on here because we are self conscious about our appearance right? This will improve your looks and confidence drastically

good luck

Poor guy, goes bald and someone tells him to get buff. He doesn't need people telling him that he needs to do this and that do improve his looks because he's bald, but what he can actually do about his baldness.

And I don't think a hair transplant is that far fethced, even though the baldness is extensive. He can still get somewhat of a coverage on top if he's donor's ok.
If he has some body hair to transplant maybe he can even supplement with that?
As far as propecia goes I don't think he can expect growth as his hair is already gone. But maybe he can save what is left of his sides and back,
as aggressive male pattern baldness tends to go down pretty far down the sides and back leaving only a thin rim of hair aorund the head when it burns out.

strong02

Reaction score
IMO you should try and go for the transplant. You could always try leaving the crown bald and just try to frame the face with some hair, between FUE and BHT grafts, you could get good coverage. It's completely up to you, you could also go for a hair piece, or even combine a hair piece and a transplant, like getting the front transplanted and a hairpiece behind it. But I think it's stupid to rule out a hair transplant, just because you're a higher norwood, because a hair transplant can work, seeming as even the slightest hair can make a huge difference. Afterall, it doesn't matter as much convincing a hair loss community who can spot everything, as much as the general public who generally don't know anything about hair loss.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
****ing hell, so you're telling me you starting balding a year ago and now a NW6/7? Like totally slick bald.
****ing christ.
Yeah Medication won't do ****, I'd say get on the hair transplant train, if you think you an afford it.

Prince Vegeta

Reaction score
So I think I'm far past the no turning back point. No creams really worked for me. I'm considering a hair piece but I'm not sure. Are transplants ever really an option?

i guess it just sucks feeling so much older esp in the gay community when you are only 27. It came on so fast too. I has neatly a full head of hair within the last year of so. Any advice?

I think your head shape is good for a bald look, although I'd lose weight to get a more chiseled face with the bald look (Don't misconceive this, I'm overweight myself)

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
You were unlucky bro. But hey, at least thank the gods of genetics for your perfect head shape.

1-Get in shape
2-Get a beard
3-Get an hair transplant if you really want it, I would just embrace it tho, you are good looking.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
That's not a NW7,its more like 5A. I think a hair transplant could still work to be honest

chipsy

Reaction score
Dude you have a great shaped scone. I'd say hit it with a razor grow some stubble and grab a tan. You'l be fine

shookwun

Reaction score
hair transplant is a waste of time. Way to bald to pull off a suitable result from a hair transplant. IT WILL BE SPARSE, AND SEE THROUGH ALL OVER aka just hair on head.

Are you by any chance forever alone(FA) as a NW5-6 at 27 years old?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I don't think the OP's coming back but... you'd really say that's a NW5? I would have said at least 6. the poor guy's lost it all in a year

a good hair transplant might at least put him back to a NW4

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Stay away from transplants they can scar you for life.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant is a waste of time. Way to bald to pull off a suitable result from a hair transplant. IT WILL BE SPARSE, AND SEE THROUGH ALL OVER aka just hair on head.

Are you by any chance forever alone(FA) as a NW5-6 at 27 years old?

Agree, a partner (gay or straight) will see him as bald even with a hair transplant. But everyone has different expectations so something to bear in mind.

Personally I think he should give meds a go. People say he it's too late but the age of loss is within a year. Surely it's worth him getting on finasteride/dutasteride and Minoxidil for a year. See how he goes and then think if a hair transplant is worth it.

I did see someone on youtube recover loads from a similar position. Rare but worth a go.