27 y/o thinking about the big 3.

Zeifer

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been lurking at alot of hairforums, and i totaly fell in love with this site. You guys have a great and positive community. I have to apologize if my english is bad, its not my first nor second language.

My story:
I'm a healthy 27 year old man. I work as a personal trainer and physiotherapist. I work out 6 - 7 times a week, mostly strength training. I'm 189cm in height, 78 kg and decently low body fat. My education and work makes me anxious of my hair, because I pretty much sell myself as a product for my work. I'm pretty sure I have no chance pulling of the bald look since my forehead is pretty long, and that's one of the reasons I've had my hair style for such a long time.

I have never really payed attention to my hair, even though I have always been afraid off loosing it. My father started loosing hair in his 20s. My father had a slow hair loss, today he is 50 with really high temples, but far from completely bald. My grandfathers on both sides are bald. I have one uncle on my mother side that have a great hair at age 50. The rest are bald or balding. The last months I have noticed hair shedding after taking a shower. I shower my hair every 2- 3rd day. And I have counted up to 115 hairs lost after showering my hair. I have no idea how my shedding was before, since I just moved to a new apartment. I also have a feeling that my hair is thinner compared to a few years ago. I've had a high hairline since as long as I can remember, but it seems to have been receding the last year. I regret not taking pictures when I were younger to compare. I have always had long hair, and I have had the same hair style since the age of 15.

The last month ive been really stressed about my hair. And I have had days were I felt so bad I have not been able to get out of bed. I have been too a dermatologist. He only touched my hair once and said I had nothing to worry about yet. I talked to him about finasteride but he would not subscribe it. I really felt like he did a bad job.

What do you guys think? Personally I think my hair line is past a matured hairline, and with the family history it's not the brightest story hair wise. Should I get a new appointment with a new doctor to get finasteride subscribed, and jump on the big 3?. Loosing my hair is not a option for me. Even though I'm really scared about finasteride sides.

The first picture is what my hairstyle looks like. The rest is random pictures taken, with hair both wet and drye. I can add more pictures. I have been taking a lot the last 2 months.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

checkbienca

Reaction score
i would go to another dermatologist to get their opinion as well. if they also say you have nothing to worry about i would trust them.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say that you have a receded hairline, almost certainly. I don't really see and issues with the crown or the remainder of your hair in terms of diffuse thinning.

See a derm, but if you want to prevent further hairloss and potentially regrow some hair, you need to jump on the big 3 (finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral).