27 year-old male NW3/3.5

mpb24

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your stories and info here. It really helps knowing how others deal with hairloss. Here's my story:

I am 27 year-old, and have been losing hair since 17.

Treatment history:
Since I started losing hair at a young age, I have tested for high testosterone level but the result did not show higher than normal level. When I was 24, I went on finasteride for 2 months and then stopped, thinking I can deal with the hit to my appearance. Other than that, I have only been using Nizoral on and off (once a week) for the past 3 years.

Today, I have started back on finasteride with the intention to take it long-term. In 2014, I will start using Rogaine foam (want more time to read about others' experience and learn about side effects). Meanwhile, I will use Nizoral twice a week.

Current state:
Here are photos showing significant balding at the crown and my hairline:
Crown_201305.jpgCrown_201308.jpgHairline_201305.jpgHairline left_201305.jpgTop_201308.jpgTop_201308.jpg

Things I notice:
- The hair I lose often have white head (sebum at the head).
- My hair is greasier than other people as is my face. I am trying to figure out whether there is a problem with the way I wash my hair. During university living away from home without a water softener, there is a layer of residue left on my hair that I cannot wash off. I tried using a stronger shampoo (Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two Cleansing), which was better at cleaning the residue but still leave my hair dry. I am going to look into Nioxin scalp treatment.

Hope:
My hope is just to slow down the hair loss. Any regrowth is bonus as I am keeping my expectations low.

Thanks for reading and best wishes to all of you.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck with your goals, man! I think I'm at around the same Norwood-scale right now (just made my own thread here too!). Also, I am on finasteride without the Rogaine right now, too, as well as using nizoral, so our regimes are pretty much the same too. Hope you can get some good results! Will be following your progress!..