27 Years Old, And I've Tried It All. Read My Experience

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would like to share my experience so far with combatting genetic hair loss. To be clear, I’ve only been battling hair loss for a little over 2 years, but my research has come a very long way in that duration. I write this just to share what works (if anything) for me and what hasn’t. I get no benefit in sharing, and am compelled to do this only because I too understand the extreme emotional toll hair loss can bring to a male.

Those of you who want to just s*** talk or poke holes into my findings, go f*** yourself. I get no compensation from this and will avoid listing brands of anything I use when possible. Those of you who want to laugh and belittle anything I use or my findings because they don’t have official FDA approval or studies and solid evidence to prove it, go f*** yourself too. Im like everyone else here. Praying for a cure. I’ve done extensive research into everything I’ve tried with the hope that it would work for me. Everything I’ve used, I’ve tried because the logic behind it’s mechanism is sound and worth a shot. Most will say I barely had hair loss and I should be lucky with what I had. I say to you, screw you. Most who successfully stabilize their hair loss echo that their biggest mistake was starting too late. I did not want to make the same. I am very sensitive about my hair loss, and I pay close attention to details and changes.

Let me preface with the following quick points:

-Im writing this after a long day of work, so please excuse any misspellings or grammatical errors
-I am 27 years old, started noticing thinning at 25.
-I still have a decent amount of hair. Hairline is intact (for now) but if you run a hand through my hair, you will feel the obvious difference in density in the typical male pattern baldness areas (crown, temples, and everything in between)
-Tested for hyperactive thyroid which came back negative
-Never tested my hormone levels
-Extremely poor dieting on my part, but still pretty fit
-Blood pressure is normal likely due to genetics and active lifestyle
-I have taken Accutane in my early twenties and it was successful with no permanent sides that I am aware of. Hair loss on Accutane was not present.
-I am prescribed Adderall daily, but use max 3 times a week
-I am a vain person, so I will spend whatever is necessary to keep my hair.
-I have never experienced a “shed” like most people talk about here. I consistently lose anywhere between 30-60 hairs in the shower daily. Obviously more hair fall out through out the day that I cant account for.
-No I cant do a transplant yet, because my hair loss is still in the early stages, thus has yet to stabilize
-In my opinion, hair density on my top scalp has dropped roughly 50 percent in the past 2 years(at least). The quality of my hair has dropped significantly.

What I have tried:

Finasteride(duration 1.5 years total) :I bought generic 5mg pills from India and just cut them into quarters. I don’t think it ever worked for me. Hair loss stayed the same for the most part. After the first year and no results, I got off for a few months. Went back on for the hell of it this time with real prescription from the Doctor, but I only took 1mg Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I maintained this for 6 months.

I have always felt those who complain about brain fog and how finasteride is such a horrible drug, were just a bunch of pussies. Boy was I wrong. After switching to real prescription finasteride at the start of this year, my opinion definitely changed. Around June I began noticing my short term memory began to significantly drop, my ability to rebut quickly dropped, I found myself at times having issues articulating my thoughts, I would forget so many things, etc. I never once blamed it on finasteride, until I FINALLY read what the symptoms of “brain fog” are. My jaw dropped because and I was off finasteride the very next day. All my cognitive issues I been suffering were verbatim the reported side effects they call brain fog. Although I would do MOST things in the name of keeping my hair, I cant afford diminished cognitive abilities as I am an attorney, and those functions are obviously intangible.

Conclusion: finasteride did not work for me. Hair loss rate remained the same as pre finasteride.

Side effects: I got everything….. Gyno in both nips which I will get cut out in a few months after hormones stabilize, “brain Fog”, watery semen, weaker erections, lowered libido. I stuck with it through all the side effects until the brain fog happened.

spironolactone Cream: I used this before finasteride or dutasteride and experienced puffy nipples and weak erections within the 2nd day of use! Stuck it out for 2 weeks and quit.

Dutasteride: Tried for 2 weeks and my existing gyno from finasteride got worse and my already weaker erection got even weaker. F that

Minoxidil: Ive used this from the beginning of my hair loss fight(over 2 years). Never experienced any side effects, nor beneficial effects. I just keep it just in case its doing something even in the slightest. I use 2 bottles of generic 5% Kirkland brand a month, twice a day as instructed. Hair loss rate was the same before it, and remained the same through out.

Conclusion: minoxidil did not work for me, but Im still using it because its cheap and doesn’t hurt me.

RU58841- Bought all the stuff for it at about 150 bucks a few months ago but never got around to using it. Probably wont considering finasteride brain fog has scared me sh**less. Who ever wants it just let me know and ill ship it to you. Just paypal me 5 bucks for shipping and its yours. First one to call dibs.

Bimatoprost: I purchased a bunch from India and tried consistently for 1.5 months and ran out so never bought more. Obsvioulsy that was not enough time to judge it, so I have resumed use of it now, going on 2 weeks now. I will stick it out for 6 months to give it a fair assessment.

Nizoral: I used for an entire year with finasteride and minoxidil and saw no benefit. Made my hair feel really weak and never saw benefit, so I stopped.

Adenovital Scalp Essence: I have been using for 4 months now with no noticeable difference. I use this twice a day before applying minoxidil. The guy on hairloss2020 recommends it which prompted me to try. Looking back, I don’t know why he would recommend it if he hasn’t seen positive results for himself. Maybe Shiseido pays him to mention it. Reading through his blog, I do notice some nut hugging towards that company. Just my personal observation. . I do appreciate his updates and discussions though.

Conclusion: Probably isn’t going to work, but I have no sides and its pretty cheap so Im just going to stick with it.

PRP+ Acell Injections- Had this done by local plastic surgeon for 2500.00 in May 2016. Probably too short to tell but no noticeable difference what so ever.

Conclusion: The science behind it is plausible, which is why I don’t want to rule out whether it works or not, but for me, after 3 months, nothing has changed in the rate of my hair loss or quality of hair. Therefore, so far, this has failed as well.

Dermarolling: I bought a derma roller and tried maybe 8 times total. It was very difficult because My hair is long and I have no slick bald spots so the needles tangle with my hair. So I bought I derma stamp instead and tried another 8 sessions, 4 days apart. This was in conjunction with the next product I used below.

Conclusion: Rate of hair loss dropped to about 15in the shower, and 7-10 in the morning when putting product in my hair. (in conjunction with product below)

Follistem : I know, don’t laugh. I know this may hurt my credibility, but this MAY have helped. My colleague represents a Saudi Prince who asked him to buy this specific product for him and ship it over seas. The prince swears by it and so he bought 24 bottles per his request. My friend knows my struggles so he bought 2 for me on the princes tab :). I laughed at the idea but Im not going to say no to a free product that could help my hair. I used for 1 month, in conjunction with derma stamping, and my hair loss slowed to about 20 daily. Got me pretty excited until I realized I use too much of the product and ran out in a month. Needless to say, my hair loss returned to about 30-40 a day. I may start this over but I have some other planned treatment experiments (read below), so not sure if I have space to throw this in as well.

Laser Cap with 272 diodes: Another colleague’s mom swore by her results with her theradome helmet. I looked at it and they weren’t even laser diodes, but instead LEDs. I wasn’t going to buy that. Looked into making my own by following User Overgrandemacho’s instructions but failed miserably at the soldering stage. (My opinion of him is that he can be annoying, overbearing, and obnoxious. Sounds like a used car salesman most the time, and in my opinion, probably makes fake posts on his own forum criticizing lasers, just so he can rebut with a bunch of mumbo jumbo to further sell himself as an expert.) After my failed project, I went searching for the best deal on a helmet that had a bunch of diodes and eventually bought from the manufacturer of the Cappilus 272, unbranded. Who would have known the Chinese company who makes it for them would be willing to undercut the 3k hat for MUCH cheaper. Anyways, I figured I try this after reading the science behind it. Seemed plausible. Started using it in Feb 2016 and still am. Initially after 2 weeks use, my hair loss accelerated to about 40-60 hairs a day in the shower! I started to freak out but after more and more reading about why it’s shedding, I stuck it out. Eventually it stopped the rapid “shed” to about 20-30 strands in the shower again around month 3.

Conclusion: I had high hopes for this, but after 7 months, I have seen no difference in hair quality, density, or hair loss rate. Only thing I ever observed was the initial 3 months of “shedding” (to my standards) I will continue to use it since I have nothing to lose, I already bought the damn thing. But my opinion so far is it does not work.

NOTE: Initially for the first 3 months with the Laser cap, I had this regiment as well:

-10000 MCG Biotin Daily
-Prenatal Vitamin Daily
-Beef collagen Twice Daily
-Organic fresh Aloe vera Gel Daily in the AM (I use this as my styling gel and its awesome! I wish I discovered this at the start of my journey)
-Polysorbate 80 in shower leave in hair for 10 min Daily. May mix with lavender oil at 1:1 ratio
-Regenpure daily as a quick shampoo to clean off the Polysorbate 80
-My own mixed concoction of coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, emu oil, vitamin e oil, and almond oil. This is applied to my hair 3-4 days a week at the end of the day, and left in my hair overnight. This is always freshly applied prior to any laser helmet session. I use a very loose microfiber wrap to cover my hair overnight. Emphasis loose because I do not want any possible restriction on blood flow to my precious hair follicles :).

The oils undoubtedly made my hair feel stronger, but it was such a hassle. The aloe vera has always helped my hair feel good and I think I will be resuming its use.

I think that wraps up all that I have used so far. Now for what I am about to start using, and I would like to hear from yall your thoughts.

Somatropin (HGH)- I have acquired it on the black market because no doctor I know will prescribe it to me without a legit reason(apparently hair loss isn’t good enough). I will be dosing under the category of “anti aging” for 6 months and report back. Science behind the potential positive effects on hair are plausible in my opinion. Plus I am sure this will help my cognitive function and libido bounce back from finasteride. Those of you who want to criticize me on the risks, please don’t bother, rather I suggest you educate yourself first. Just think of all the other experimental s*** people are willing to try for their hair. I am excited for this trial run.

Brotzu Lotion: It hasn’t been released yet but I got the list of how they made it from the patent study and gave it to a buddy that owns a pharmacy. He in turn asked around at compounding pharmacies he has worked with in the past but so far no one wants to make it for me. Im going to search harder, as I know there will be someone willing. Cost isn’t an issue, I just want to hurry up and try it and likely scratch that off the list of potential treatments/cures. No I am not interested in buying for anyone else, but I AM interested if yall know any credible group buys currently out.

Dermapen + Centrifuige + PRP kits + adipose Stem Cell: Call me crazy, because I am for the sake of my hair. I bought an electronic dermapen to continue with wounding. I’m in the process of procuring my own centrifuge for 5-600 bucks along with PRP kits to draw blood from myself. My best friend is a nurse, whom will draw the blood for me. Im going to also purchase some adipose stem cell products to add to my PRP. Im going to dermapen my scalp once every 2 weeks, and then apply the PRP and Adipose stem cells to my scalp and leave in over night.

This whole project is probably going to cost 1000.00 bucks but it seems so worth it to me, considering my prp + Acell treatment cost over twice that and this way I can pretty much do it an unlimited amount of times.

Fix my diet: there’s a strict diet someone posted on a body building forum which allegedly can halt hair loss in its tracks(genetic or not). I figure its worth a shot, and worst thing that could happen is I get healthier as a whole.

Human Embryonic Stem Cell + PRP injections – A medical provider my firm works with started using this in their orthopedic department and offered it to me to try and a decent price. I may try it. Probably not.

That sums up my journey. I hope my experience shed some light for those who are curious of treatment options available. I also welcome criticism, I have thick skin. I apologize if my post isn’t clear or concise. This took 2 hours of my life to write, and I had a long day at work. PLUS I’m a recovering finasteride user. That brain fog is no joke lol…. Seriously…..

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your witness.
It is a bit sad because you really tried everything but, for a reason or the other, so far nothing has worked.

I don't know about the home made PRP, especially because I don't know where you come from and it may be next to illegal if you are from - say - most European countries (because blood transfusions - including auto-transfusions - are highly regulated because of infective diseases.)

Best of luck anyways. What is the diet you are talking about?

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least I can say when I end up bald, i really did try everything.

Im in the US. I can have a centrifuge shipped from China along with PRP kits that have everything needed to draw my blood and pop in the centri. Should be no problem getting any of that stuff here.

The diet/regimen is below along with the vitamins needed. This is just a copy and paste. I dont know what this forum thinks about putting links.

Here is an action plan for you guys:

-Work out: Lift weights/run/any exercise, gets blood flowing
-Make a daily supplement drink with: 3g L carnitine-L tartrate, 5g MSM, 2g taurine, 2g BCAAS, 2g vitamin C
-Get vitamin E oil/argain oil/coconut oil: put in hair 2 times a week, put plastic bag over head while you sleep
-Get Epsom salts: (cheap) put on scalp after you derma roll (it will burn at first but it will pass)
-Get a derma roller: buy one from DHgate.com, it will take a while to ship but it’s a necessity. Roll once, apply oil, wait a couple of days for it to heal, roll again. I suggest switching up rolling before you apply oil before bed, before Epsom salts, and rolling before you get in the shower and you do you scalp massages.
-Get "organic" shampoo: I like Shea Moistures renewing shampoo, it has natural ingredients. ABSOLUTELY NOT SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE.
-Make a conditioner: with what is in the daily drink above, plus Epsom salts, vitamin E oil, coconut oil, aloe Vera, and some organic shampoo. Apply to scalp BEFORE you wash your hair, let it sit for 5 minutes, massage deeply, apply organic shampoo, rinse thoroughly. If you apply after you wash your hair, hair will be flat and dull.
-Get a thyroid supplement: I got NOWs thyroid support for $15 on amazon. It has most of the supps this guy is talking about. Take 2 daily.
-Get these supplements as well: Advanced Orthomolecular Research's Peak k2, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, DHEA, COD liver oil, magnesium citrate(or any mag), B complex, boron, and Rhodiola Rosea
-Take fish oil, thyroid, DHEA, B complex after breakfast or lunch
-Take K2, 2 vit Ds, Cod liver oil, and boron after dinner
-Take magnesium, and rhodiola before bed
-Masturbate no more than 2 times a week (I DID NOT EMPHASIZE THIS BUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, masturbation is a big impactor of hairloss.)
-Don’t masturbate before bed, it traps DHT is scalp, do it in the afternoon
-Rinse out any gel after a day before you sleep

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks this is a good and valuable list.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
-Masturbate no more than 2 times a week (I DID NOT EMPHASIZE THIS BUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, masturbation is a big impactor of hairloss.)
-Don’t masturbate before bed, it traps DHT is scalp, do it in the afternoon

Follistem doesn't harm your credibility, but this does.

BroScience - plain and simple. There is absolutely no evidence that sexual activity, regardless of frequency, has any effect on hairloss. I am also unaware of any source that can back up the claim that if you jackoff before bed, DHT will become trapped in your scalp.

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/the-truth-about-sex-masturbation-and-hair-loss-134/

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follistem doesn't harm your credibility, but this does.

BroScience - plain and simple. There is absolutely no evidence that sexual activity, regardless of frequency, has any effect on hairloss. I am also unaware of any source that can back up the claim that if you jackoff before bed, DHT will become trapped in your scalp.

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/the-truth-about-sex-masturbation-and-hair-loss-134/

Why would that hurt my credibility? Those are not my instructions or words. I stated "This is a copy and paste". So my credibility is hurt because I'm contemplating another way to attack my hair loss after everything is pretty much failed?

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped reading after you attributed successes and fails to fallen hairs counted..

That's cute. I didnt realize I had to state the obvious (hair density has steadily declined in the top scalp since onset of hair loss, thus miniaturization is happening blah blah blah) I would be friggin happy if i was able to even maintain. That has always been my goal. BUt every product ive used hasnt been able to do so.

You have a better way? Do tell

I know my hair better than anyone. I couldnt care less if you read my story. My hopes are only to share my experience with those willing to listen and if anyone has any questions about my experience , ill gladly try to shed some light.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why count hairs though its stupid.

You could lose 50 hairs a day and go bald

Or you can lose 200 a day and be getting regrowth. Its all about whats coming outa your scalp, not what your shedding.

Judge your progress by pictures and not hairs counted.

Yes maybe these things havnt worked for you but how can you say finasteride didnt work but another thing did because if what you see in sink.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Props for being so resilient man. I've been on finasteride for three years and I'm still losing hair, been on minoxidil for many months, stemoxydine, Castor oil, wounding, none of it has done anything. I'm 23.

I'm interested in trying RU, as I have no sides with finasteride and I NEED to stop my hairline. So if no one's called dibs yet I will haha.

Have you considered CB buddy? Might be worth a shot

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
@Chimac07.. You seem to have no money issues :) .. Have you considered CB, SETI and a hair transplant ? :)

I strongly believe they could help you :), Even RU could help you.. I am finasteride and RU - I defo have got very very slight sides from finasteride, but none from RU.

PS: If you are on minoxidil, try to add diclo into it.. It seems to very well together based on this study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3686323/

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Chimac07.. You seem to have no money issues :) .. Have you considered CB, SETI and a hair transplant ? :)

I strongly believe they could help you :), Even RU could help you.. I am finasteride and RU - I defo have got very very slight sides from finasteride, but none from RU.

PS: If you are on minoxidil, try to add diclo into it.. It seems to very well together based on this study:

Do you feel RU has helped? Why did you add it to finasteride?

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why count hairs though its stupid.

You could lose 50 hairs a day and go bald

Or you can lose 200 a day and be getting regrowth. Its all about whats coming outa your scalp, not what your shedding.

Judge your progress by pictures and not hairs counted.

Yes maybe these things havnt worked for you but how can you say finasteride didnt work but another thing did because if what you see in sink.

I get what you mean. Trust me, i wanted finasteride to work so bad. Hair quality and density continued to decrease at the same rate for almost the whole duration of me battling hair loss( minus an increase rate of fallout the first 3 months of LLLT). I just stuck with finasteride for as long as I did just in hopes maybe it is doing something i cant notice. All the sides that came with it i could deal with except brain fog. I legitimately was always second guessing my thoughts and memory, and colleagues and friends even noticed it. Without the brain fog, i still would have stuck it out just because.

I have pictures and videos of my hair for myself to keep track. Its very hard to tell in photos, but the "hand test" (running my hand through my scalp) solidifies it for me, as well as my barber whom cuts my hair every 6-7 days. (my sides are cut every week, and the top is trimmed every third visit)

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Props for being so resilient man. I've been on finasteride for three years and I'm still losing hair, been on minoxidil for many months, stemoxydine, Castor oil, wounding, none of it has done anything. I'm 23.

I'm interested in trying RU, as I have no sides with finasteride and I NEED to stop my hairline. So if no one's called dibs yet I will haha.

Have you considered CB buddy? Might be worth a shot

Thank you. Thats great you didnt experience sides with finasteride, but Im sorry to hear you havent been able to maintain within it. someone has PMed me alrdy for the RU. Im sorry. I have considered CB but from my reading it sounds like such a hassle keeping it stable (or was the RU and the reason ididnt even bother using it? haha)

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score

lets put it this way, money isnt an issue when it comes to saving my hair :). Read alot about CB and Seti put i really havent come across anyone who has said they had definitive success with them. Im basically looking at new approaches to treat hair loss, because i concluded my hair loss isnt something finasteride could keep at bay. Thats also a reason I stuck so long with finasteride even with so many sides; because i wanted to know if finasteride's mechanism for combating hair loss would be effective for me, thus i could consider other products that are less systemic than finasteride.

Ive kind of given up on anything related to stopping hairloss the way finasteride does, because I am afraid of the systemic effects and eventually leading back to brain fog. If my memory serves me correctly(which i dont trust anymore because of finasteride LOL, ) RU is the same but just applied topically in the hopes of less sides.

But Im curious why you use both RU and finasteride. Why not just use dutasteride if you want more fire power?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
But Im curious why you use both RU and finasteride. Why not just use dutasteride if you want more fire power?[/QUOTE said:
Using RU, finasteride & minoxidil for more fire power :). Saving dutasteride for harder times :p

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be flying to Serbia sometime this month to get adipose stem cells injected into my head. The doctor calls it Pure Hair grafting. I may decide to have a hair transplant to preserve my hairline while I am there. The surgeon's name is Dr. Gorana Kuka. Will update you guys after procedure.

dustovshio

Reaction score
Well the stuff you are doing is all fine and good but if you don't control the dht problem its all going to be in vain. From what I read you aren't doing enough to halt the action of dht. If I was you I would start doing 5g of ru58841 each month. I personally use this amount plus I use Eucapil in the morning. I just mix 5g of the RU into 4 once amber bottle and use 3 droppers full to cover the scalp. I love Eucapil it comes in a cool glass ampule and it really slows down the number of hairs you lose. Now when you say 20-30 hairs that is just in the shower right? I bet you could get that down to 10 hairs or less if you did the Eucapil and the RU. I think I may go back on dutasteride but a lower dosage and only once a week. I was taking a good amount of Tumeric daily but I belive had a negative effect on my EQ. I also use around 20 mg of progesterone cream on my scalp before I go to bed. You may want to look into progesterone cream someone on another forum grew a lot back using it, just google it. Then I make a solution out of MSM, vitamin C, copper peptide, and niacimide and put a couple ounces on the crown and the front area before I go to bed. I'm also using the laser helmet but I only have the 127 diode. The end result is my hairline has more or less maintained and the front part has thickened up a bit. I'm about a nw2. And fapping 2x week is a big mistake. I do it one time and if I ejaculated or had sex and ejaculated and I'll have massive hair loss for the week after. So i can imagine doing it twice a week would have a devastating effect because your body never really gets back to baseline you are just in a constant state of massive shedding. So my advice is do PE execises and use a water pump to keep the penis healthy but don't fap, only have sex and then when you do never ejacluate just stop after 30 mins or however long you feel like.

Last edited: