27 years old, Finding thee cause of my hairloss.

thickchap

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post, I am 27 years old male. I always had thick/strong hair in my entire life. I'm experiencing hair-loss for the past 6-8 months or so. Initially I didn't think it was a problem but now I've lost like more than 50% of my hair from the top of head.

It could be MBP but I am trying to find if everything else is fine or not. I consulted the doctor and she gave me multi vitamins and asked me to take tests for ferritin and vitamin D levels. I just got the report back and I think it could be the reason.

Ferritin - 28.9 ng/ml
Reference Range - 28 - 365

25 Hydroxyvitamin D - 22.66 ng/ml

vit.jpg

Potential causes for my hairloss are:

1. MBP, because it's in the family from my father side BUT people from my mother's side have extremely thick and great looking hair and I had hair just like those people. Hence I can't say for sure.
  2. I had acne problem and I was taking a medicine with Isotretinoin (Accutane), I just came to know that it could be a potential cause as well. I was taking this medicine for past 1.5 year or so, off and on.
  3. I believe low levels of Ferritin can be a problem as well, need some input of that.

I will keep on updating the thread.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's male pattern baldness. 99.9999% sure. 100% basically

start finasteride

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm experiencing hair-loss for the past 6-8 months or so. Initially I didn't think it was a problem but now I've lost like more than 50% of my hair from the top of head.

For sure it is Male Pattern Baldness if you've been experiencing hair loss on the top of your head, especially if the hairs are growing back shorter, thinner, and weaker.

Get on Finasteride to stop your Androgenetic Alopecia. If your Androgenetic Alopecia is extremely aggressive and rapid, you'll probably want to go for Dutasteride.

thickchap

Reaction score
True, it is from the top. I will be visiting my doctor tomorrow and I think I will start taking finasteride (though I'm really worried about side effects). In the last visit she recommended PRP, but I didn't find anything convincing online. Will update this thread with pics and what my Doctor says.
Thanks for response btw.

Update:
Can anyone comment on ferritin levels? Anyone who recently had taken this test? I am definitely on lower side.