28 and need help!!! (pic included)

diffuser2011

Reaction score
Here's my story, around the age of 17 I noticed a small thinning spot on the top of my head, nothing major, but certainly noticed. I waited around until around 21 years old and hopped on Propecia brand name right here in the states. I used this for around 2 years before hopping on minoxidil to help. I thought things were 'ok' and continued using the brand propecia for about 4-5 years...Then I used it sparingly thinking it wasnt really helping. Well I noticed my lack of quality of hair going away. So here in the last year I started purchasing Generic finasteride from In House pharmacy. I took it consistently for about 8-9 months now and in the past three months I threw in Nizoral 2%, a Hairmax Lasercomb, Vitamin D pills because I was Vit D deficient. Omega 3's 2000 mg a day, A low dose saw palmetto with a variety of other ingredients in the pill and my hair just has shed and looks like sh*t! As you can see in the picture it's just not thickening like I want and my skin is very oily once I take the generic propecia, I don't know if propecia is doing more hard than good but I am afraid to remove it to discover it was helping me...What should I use? Should I continue going down the path I am on in hopes things will just thicken up? I have hair, but it's shed in the areas I want it thicker at :(>. Thanks a million for everyones help, I appreciate it.

HiLite

Reaction score
ride out the shed man, it took me a year before seeing thicken off finasteride. and by the looks of your pics your almost on your last limb. id recomend finasteride your 2 years see what happens then perhaps bust out the clippers if the finasteride fails you

diffuser2011

Reaction score
I can't recall having any major side effects on the brand name Propecia, but when I take the generic propecia I've been taking thus far for the past 9 months I do notice increased anxiety, a kind of 'tight throat' feeling you would get during a choked up moment, which I think is part of the anxiety but no sexual side effects actually I have major libido I have no problems at all which makes me wonder sometimes....My hair has NEVER looked this bad and started during my generic propecia time which also raises a brow so I don't know whether to ride it out quit now go get back on the read deal propecia and just bite the cost bullet, switch to Avodart or what. I just hope I can recover those areas, which btw look bad when the flash hits it, but there is hair in all of those thin areas, and they are coming in here lately, but I don't know what to attribute it to....

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
If oily-ness is still an issue, exercise, fresh fruit and vegetables and maybe drinking more water (or green tea) could help you out with this. Though I really wonder, didn't you get any results from the medication before? Have you ever experienced new hair growth for example? 5 year on finasteride should've done something...?

Anyways, you know your situation better than we. If you had succes before, but after quitting finasteride it got worse, it's likely you get similar results. Just give it some time. Deffinatly ride out the sheds.

Good luck.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
I always wonder whether there is anything to people's apparently different reactions to generic finasteride. How could there be a reason for someone reacting differently to the same substance? it's a funny one.

Is the oily skin genuinely bothering you? the propecia could well be the culprit but because it's a pretty common skin issue then you should maintain regular exercise and a good diet and see if things improve. Ditch ready made meals and junk food completely. Stick to plenty of veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, eggs, decent quality meat. if you eat a lot of refined foods like white bread, pasta and patisseries cut them right down.

Have you thought about shaving your head? obviously it's not the answer to all your problems but it would probably look a lot better than what you have now.

diffuser2011

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
If oily-ness is still an issue, exercise, fresh fruit and vegetables and maybe drinking more water (or green tea) could help you out with this. Though I really wonder, didn't you get any results from the medication before? Have you ever experienced new hair growth for example? 5 year on finasteride should've done something...?

Anyways, you know your situation better than we. If you had succes before, but after quitting finasteride it got worse, it's likely you get similar results. Just give it some time. Deffinatly ride out the sheds.

Good luck.

I don't exercise enough, and I think I really just need to go do it. I have a pretty stress induced job which doesn't help.

To answer your question the years I was on brand name Propecia I didn't notice a heap of regrowth, but I def. didn't notice it looked this bad! I actually stopped propecia because ignorantly it may have been doing what it was supposed to be doing and I went on about a year absence from it before noticing my hair wasnt looking good, so I started the generic finasteride a year ago and then about three months ago I threw in the LaserMax comb and believe that may accompanied with Tricomen (which I don't believe helped me much so I stopped using it) and Nizoral 2% may have caused this shed this pattern you see...Is this how hair typically goes? I don't know if this is status quo male pattern baldness or not....I just added spironolactone 5 today to see if it helps, I will apply it on the temple region to see if I can track any progress. I might switch to dutasteride if I can find positive results and not anything scary...

diffuser2011

Reaction score
Joe-1991 said:
I always wonder whether there is anything to people's apparently different reactions to generic finasteride. How could there be a reason for someone reacting differently to the same substance? it's a funny one.

Is the oily skin genuinely bothering you? the propecia could well be the culprit but because it's a pretty common skin issue then you should maintain regular exercise and a good diet and see if things improve. Ditch ready made meals and junk food completely. Stick to plenty of veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, eggs, decent quality meat. if you eat a lot of refined foods like white bread, pasta and patisseries cut them right down.

Have you thought about shaving your head? obviously it's not the answer to all your problems but it would probably look a lot better than what you have now.

I really need to cut out any bad foods from my diet, it's really hard to given my schedule, but I know it needs done.

I don't shave my head because a little bit of toppik and my hair looks just like I have nothing going on up there. It looks great with a little Toppik so I just apply that until it starts to thicken up which I hope is soon.

Does Toppik hurt your chances of regrowth or anything? I wouldnt think so, but I thought I'd ask. I have hair all throughout its just those areas that are thinner where I apply minoxidil to as well, I put two dabs on those specific areas and they're noticeablly thinner, I don't know why? minoxidil doesnt seem to grow my hair like it should...I know this is all trial and error, but I fear cutting out something will do harm and then I think about what if Propecia or minoxidil is the culprit behind my loss? The thicker areas if you notice I don't apply minoxidil and they're fine. I just don't get it, It's like this happened in the 6 months over night before it looke decent.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bro im starting CB-03-01 i bought a microscope to track my progress. clinical studies show it to be 2 times more effective than finasteride.

diffuser2011

Reaction score
israelite said:
bro im starting CB-03-01 i bought a microscope to track my progress. clinical studies show it to be 2 times more effective than finasteride.

How do you apply the CB-03-01, where do you buy it and how much is it? Sorry for the questions, but at this point I think I have a good chance of recovering a decent head of hair if I just start throwing stuff at it lol ... I def, dont want to go hair transplant yet out of numerous fears, but I want something that I think will work...hence why I was thinking dutasteride, but I don't know I would have to get it off inhouse pharm. and i also fear fakes...

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its topical cream i bought in a group buy. hopefully soon they will have another buy. its was 370 gram . i am also starting myistate rum which is another strong topical androgen. tuesday im recieving AHK-Cuwhen applied using appropriate chemical vehicles and when in the appropriate concentration, can thicken vellus hair into thick terminal hairs, increase hair follicle size and regenerate scalp skin, creating a healthier environment for scalp hair growth. lol

diffuser2011

Reaction score
israelite said:
its topical cream i bought in a group buy. hopefully soon they will have another buy. its was 370 gram . i am also starting myistate rum which is another strong topical androgen. tuesday im recieving AHK-Cuwhen applied using appropriate chemical vehicles and when in the appropriate concentration, can thicken vellus hair into thick terminal hairs, increase hair follicle size and regenerate scalp skin, creating a healthier environment for scalp hair growth. lol

That's great! How long will that gram last? I just have so many questions and wish I had more answers, like I said I don't know if I continue status quo or switch to something like dutasteride for the time being. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can. I might try RU even, I don't know, i am not sure if RU will work out for me either considering. I also fear mixing it wrong or receiving fakes from the internet...Damn, I wish it were easier Ha!