28, Doctor Said I Cant Use Finasteride(pics)

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, been lurking the forum for a few years, since i started noticing i was losing hair. Been losing hair for like 7 years now. Iv always avoided finasteride and minoxidil due to side effects but i am currently on rogaine foam for almost 6 months. It has helped a bit lately my scalp has been really itchy and red and shedding a lot, dunno if its a minoxidil shed or not.

I tried using the Forhims website cause i had a coupon to try Finasteride for 5$, i was gonna try it at 0.5mg per day and if i got sides i would stop. I assume my Dht is quite high as i am excessively hairy and with a full beard and high libido, wouldnt mind lowering dht a bit then. But on the website i mentioned i was hospitlized for anemia when i was a teen and a child and i got a blood coagulation problem so the doctor from the website after i reviewed my case said i couldn't have Finasteride, to check with my doctor. I just moved to the USA, i aint got a doctor or insurance yet.

I could do a transplant back in my country , its 2500$ for 1500 grafts FUE, my friend did one and although it didnt get the density he wanted they just put another 500 grafts free. So its a nice legit clinic certified by the international hair transplant association or something. I was gonna do one myself, i even buzz cut my hair, but i noticed im thinning all over on top so even if i put grafts at fron the back would be gone soon and i dont know how that would work out.

So Finasteride would be my only option at the moment and i been delaying for years afraid of the sides, i even had a prescription from a doctor in my country for it and threw it away.
20180330_092554.jpgbefore rogaine, couple months afer buzz cut, wet hair,strong light
20180330_092727.jpg Around Rogaine start
20180330_092940.jpg feb 21,like 5months in
20180330_093010.jpg last week

Hair is clean so looks full but its not at all. And lately is shedding like crazy and really weird, let me show you:
20180330_092901.jpg these 2 from last week as well, but before washing. Looks like sh*t
20180330_092920.jpg

Its like i didnt make any gains, just grew the hair. What to do guys?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, been lurking the forum for a few years, since i started noticing i was losing hair. Been losing hair for like 7 years now. Iv always avoided finasteride and minoxidil due to side effects but i am currently on rogaine foam for almost 6 months. It has helped a bit lately my scalp has been really itchy and red and shedding a lot, dunno if its a minoxidil shed or not.

I tried using the Forhims website cause i had a coupon to try Finasteride for 5$, i was gonna try it at 0.5mg per day and if i got sides i would stop. I assume my Dht is quite high as i am excessively hairy and with a full beard and high libido, wouldnt mind lowering dht a bit then. But on the website i mentioned i was hospitlized for anemia when i was a teen and a child and i got a blood coagulation problem so the doctor from the website after i reviewed my case said i couldn't have Finasteride, to check with my doctor. I just moved to the USA, i aint got a doctor or insurance yet.

I could do a transplant back in my country , its 2500$ for 1500 grafts FUE, my friend did one and although it didnt get the density he wanted they just put another 500 grafts free. So its a nice legit clinic certified by the international hair transplant association or something. I was gonna do one myself, i even buzz cut my hair, but i noticed im thinning all over on top so even if i put grafts at fron the back would be gone soon and i dont know how that would work out.

So Finasteride would be my only option at the moment and i been delaying for years afraid of the sides, i even had a prescription from a doctor in my country for it and threw it away.
View attachment 83431before rogaine, couple months afer buzz cut, wet hair,strong light
View attachment 83432 Around Rogaine start
View attachment 83435 feb 21,like 5months in
View attachment 83436 last week

Hair is clean so looks full but its not at all. And lately is shedding like crazy and really weird, let me show you:
View attachment 83437 these 2 from last week as well, but before washing. Looks like sh*t
View attachment 83438

Its like i didnt make any gains, just grew the hair. What to do guys?

Holy sh*t you are a very good responder to minoxidil. But minoxidil won't solve it long term. You will still go bald without finasteride.

An online pharmacy won't sell you finasteride if you have any medical history. Do you have a real doctor you can see locally? Ie. Walk-in clinics? Keep going to walk-in clinics until you can find someone to prescribe finasteride to you. It shouldn't be too hard. I don't know but can't imagine any reason having anemia as a teen would have any issue to do with hair loss now or safety on finasteride. If anything you might just want to get your blood, iron, b12, and thyroid checked to be sure you don't have any other problems.

I also don't know anything about your blot clotting problem but can't imagine that would be an issue either. Dropping your DHT with finasteride shouldn't cause any blood clots or bleeding I don't think. It shouldn't have any issue to do with this at all.

You cannot consider surgery unless you are already on a good drug and have stopped and/or partially reversed your loss.

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t you are a very good responder to minoxidil. But minoxidil won't solve it long term. You will still go bald without finasteride.

An online pharmacy won't sell you finasteride if you have any medical history. Do you have a real doctor you can see locally? Ie. Walk-in clinics? Keep going to walk-in clinics until you can find someone to prescribe finasteride to you. It shouldn't be too hard. I don't know but can't imagine any reason having anemia as a teen would have any issue to do with hair loss now or safety on finasteride. If anything you might just want to get your blood, iron, b12, and thyroid checked to be sure you don't have any other problems.

I also don't know anything about your blot clotting problem but can't imagine that would be an issue either. Dropping your DHT with finasteride shouldn't cause any blood clots or bleeding I don't think. It shouldn't have any issue to do with this at all.

You cannot consider surgery unless you are already on a good drug and have stopped and/or partially reversed your loss.
Im thinking about creating another account and dont mention my medical history.

Or should i just buzz cut it and put on weight and muscle mass? I already workout a lot and am fit but would like to gain more mass.
View attachment 83440

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinking about creating another account and dont mention my medical history.

Or should i just buzz cut it and put on weight and muscle mass? I already workout a lot and am fit but would like to gain more mass.
View attachment 83440

That's an individual choice whether to treat or not. I cant tell you that. But most guys would be happier to have their hair than not. And most guys would rather try first to save it than just give up.

What's the nature of your blood clotting problem? Can't you see a real doctor in real life?

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's an individual choice whether to treat or not. I cant tell you that. But most guys would be happier to have their hair than not. And most guys would rather try first to save it than just give up.

What's the nature of your blood clotting problem? Can't you see a real doctor in real life?
I got an hereditary genetic problem called Von Willebrand disease that causes a malformstion on my platets. I bruise and bleed easily basically. So i got 2x fucked genetically, we r 4 brothers and im the only one balding and with this problem. I just moved to the USA from Europe so i cant go to a doctor till i got insurance or something. Or wait till i go back to my country on vacation

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got an hereditary genetic problem called Von Willebrand disease that causes a malformstion on my platets. I bruise and bleed easily basically. So i got 2x fucked genetically, we r 4 brothers and im the only one balding and with this problem. I just moved to the USA from Europe so i cant go to a doctor till i got insurance or something. Or wait till i go back to my country on vacation

Well if I had to speculate I would guess thats not a problem for finasteride. Finasteride just decreases your DHT. I dont think DHT has much to do with clotting. You could Google finasteride von willebrand to see you come up with anything but I doubt you will.

You could go to a cheap walk-in clinic somewhere and pay cash if you can find one for a good deal.

Either way do whatever youre going to do soon. The longer you wait the more hair you lose.

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know whats wrong with my hair but these last couple weeks its rraaaally bad, shedding like crazy, very weak, when i pull a lot of hair come out. Scalp is itchy and red. Why did this started all of a sudden, rogaine was doing great. Here is a pic of today
20180331_224024.jpg

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
20180405_132955.jpg
Is this really typical male pattern baldness or is there something more? Scalp gets really itchy and looks red. Thers not really any signs of dandruff, i made my gf examine my scalp with phone flashlight and she said looks fine. I get bad folliculits on my beard from time to time though. I use nizoral.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 84049
Is this really typical male pattern baldness or is there something more? Scalp gets really itchy and looks red. Thers not really any signs of dandruff, i made my gf examine my scalp with phone flashlight and she said looks fine. I get bad folliculits on my beard from time to time though. I use nizoral.

Male pattern baldness is an inflammatory condition. Most of us get itching like crazy with it. A lot of us get flaky and red with seborrheic dermatitis (they can go hand and hand).

If you're already doing minoxidil + nizoral, then yes, finasteride is the next step.

Looks like male pattern baldness. it's very clearly the whole top of your head that's thinning in the usual pattern.

Also, I loved the Prestige too.

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Male pattern baldness is an inflammatory condition. Most of us get itching like crazy with it. A lot of us get flaky and red with seborrheic dermatitis (they can go hand and hand).

If you're already doing minoxidil + nizoral, then yes, finasteride is the next step.

Looks like male pattern baldness. it's very clearly the whole top of your head that's thinning in the usual pattern.

Also, I loved the Prestige too.
I guess ill try 0.25mg. Haha you noticed, yeah it is