28 Year Old Started New Routine - Finasteride+nizoral+rogaine Foam

Thosss

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey just wanted to keep a log on my hairloss/routine and keep an update of it.

i first really obviously noticed i was thinning at start of 2015. i had messed around with steroids and also got new lights in my bathroom and bam i could notice it hardcore. i got heavily depressed about it, i had just started a new relo and thought she would leave me. i started researching flat out and learnt about finasteride, dutasteride, ru, min etc any product out there i started to research. i got convinced and tried finasteride 1mg after 2 days i couldnt get an erection and freaked out and threw it in my cupboard ( i read so many scare mongering stories). So i looked for other treatments, i also ended up telling my gf about it and she said she doesnt care if i go bald she finds bald dudes sexy haha so that eased me up a fair bit but i still was looking

i met some doctor and bought this bullshit vitamin powder and he sold me this stuff called activance, i used it for 6 months and they did nothing but take my money i felt so pissed off about it. i then tried prp in august did 1 a month for 4 months. the pain was unbearable i hated it. it was lucky i only paid 150$ aus a session but still i didnt see no results.

then in late march this year i bit the bullet and said stuff it im gonna try finasteride and not listen to the scare mongering. i started off with a ,25 for a few weeks (no sides just watery semen) then moved up to half mg. then on last day of april i started 1mg. i wish i never read bullshit posts and pages like propecia help.

a few weeks into the finasteride i noticed that when i combed my hair over my white sink that only relly small hairs where coming out and not bigger ones which was happening before the finasteride. i assumed this was a good thing and all the shitty hairs are leaving and hopefully they will come back stronger. theni started loosing no hair at all. my hair looked shitty in my eyes so i added minoxidil foam just around hairline on 11th may and did that for a few weeks until i decided to do full scalp.

so my routine now is 1mg finasteride daily, and 2 x foam (regaine 5%) (morn/night) and nizoral shampoo tuesday/thursday/sunday.

so my times are all out of whack with my routine but im bout 2 months 1 week of foam and 3 months 1mg finasteride and 1 month .25/.5 finasteride

i will post some photos soon and then every few months also with updates. hopefully i get some thickening up

Thosss

My Regimen
Reaction score
also wanted to note that couple weeks of starting minoxidil all over my scalp i started shedding again. still am to this date but not excessive shedding anything from 10-20 hairs but all types of hairs (big thick, small minatirsed hair), wondering how long this will last, does that shed stop? and also what should i expect from following months. if anyone could chime in with their experience that would be awesome.

i am also thickining of changing the foam to the liquid at night. what are opinions on this??

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
also wanted to note that couple weeks of starting minoxidil all over my scalp i started shedding again. still am to this date but not excessive shedding anything from 10-20 hairs but all types of hairs (big thick, small minatirsed hair), wondering how long this will last, does that shed stop? and also what should i expect from following months. if anyone could chime in with their experience that would be awesome.

i am also thickining of changing the foam to the liquid at night. what are opinions on this??

Shedding can go up to 6 months. It could get worse in the first few months. I use lipogaine (liquid minoxidil) and never used foam.

Thosss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding can go up to 6 months. It could get worse in the first few months. I use lipogaine (liquid minoxidil) and never used foam.

thank you for your reply hwezdarik. ive noticed some days i shed 10-20 hairs and other days i shed hardly anything. i should probaly stop combing my hair everyday over the sink and counting how many hairs i lose yeh?

probaly not too healthy yeh lol

also how is the lipogain going for you?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you for your reply hwezdarik. ive noticed some days i shed 10-20 hairs and other days i shed hardly anything. i should probaly stop combing my hair everyday over the sink and counting how many hairs i lose yeh?

probaly not too healthy yeh lol

also how is the lipogain going for you?

No worries mate.... And yes stop counting your fallen hairs :p... It will only piss you off nothing else as first 6-8 months can be very depressing.
You are on finasteride and minoxidil and thus the beginnings are always tough as both drugs can cause massive shedding.
Perhaps, you could consider RU as well :).

When it comes to Lipogaine , it dries fast, but cannot really compare it to any other minoxidil stuff or foam as I have used Lipogaine only.
I guess it is just a regular minoxidil.

What I can say is that I am seeing tiny new hairs around hairline, which are going terminal and that is the work of my BIG 3 (Lipogaine, RU, finasteride) :)

I use a keto shampoo max 1x a week as it is too harsh...