28 years old. Loosing hair @ the temples since 23yo.

Sam_MR

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Since I was 23 I noticed that my hair started to fall off whenever I took a shower. Since then my temples have been slowly receding and I didn't cared too much about it until now. I get a few strands of hair on my hand every time I wash my hair.. usually 2-5.

But honestly I am not sure what to do. Since I still have a lot of hair I can have my sides long enough to cover the temples, so it is not really that noticeable... for now.

Here are some pics.

Baseline:

This is the best picture I could find of me when I was 23yo that shows how was my hairline back then:

This is a recent picture. Here you can see how I style my hair. Because I have plenty of hair and its full enough I can cover my temples.

I have a huge forehead and I fear that I will look pretty bad and older with a very short haircut/bald.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :).

bryan87

Reaction score
Your baseline is very similar to mine, probably the same. I'm in the same boat as you. I've been fighting it since 23 I'm 25, turning 26 at the end of the year and I'm not sure if I got worst or the same. the only thing that I have use is Nizoral & shampoo Cre-C (Natural from amazon) Just like you I have also have a huge forehead and I think it won't look right if I do a buzz cut. I'm trying to avoid finasteride as muchest as I can. Whatever your doing stick to it. Use Nizoral, if you are not on it. I really don't know what to tell; I know is not what want to hear. I really don't think it looks bad. Check my thread.

Sam_MR

Reaction score
Your baseline is very similar to mine, probably the same. I'm in the same boat as you. I've been fighting it since 23 I'm 25, turning 26 at the end of the year and I'm not sure if I got worst or the same. the only thing that I have use is Nizoral & shampoo Cre-C (Natural from amazon) Just like you I have also have a huge forehead and I think it won't look right if I do a buzz cut. I'm trying to avoid finasteride as muchest as I can. Whatever your doing stick to it. Use Nizoral, if you are not on it. I really don't know what to tell; I know is not what want to hear. I really don't think it looks bad. Check my thread.

Thank you for the reply!

I haven't started on anything. All I can say that I am a healthy person, I try to eat healthy and exercise (I lost around 60 pounds many years ago, but that is another story). I don't take any kind of supplements or vitamins. I am just concerned a little bit about it. The temples have been receding very slowly through the years. I would be happy with just stopping it from going any further.

Something in me tells me to just let it go and just flow with it, other part of me tells me to try and do something about it. But I fear that if I start any of the treatments my condition will worsen (I have read lots of horror stories about it). Based on my hair loss pattern it will probably take a few years until I can't cover my temples anymore (and still look decent) and then I will have to go buzz or very short.

Hehe, honestly I am really trying to not think too much about it.

Again, thanks for replying!