29 and losing fast

soccerplr19

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, i'm a 29 year old male fairly athletic losing hair. It all started beginning of this year, it started with waking up all sweaty and greasy feeling, and my palms also greasy folowed by loss of a few hairs in the sink, then in June hair started falling like crazy a lot of white bulbs, dandruff like white stuff, never ever had this before. My face started breaking out, forehead and nose are like scaly and not smooth anymore. Also hair feels greasy with crust, and like grains of salt on the scalp. Hairline has barely moved but it has, right side temple region has moved back and maybe slightly on the left. I have always had a thick head of hair, my dads bald and lost his at 35. No one on my moms side is bald, and my older brother still has a thick head of hair. Earlier on the year my doctor stated i had elevated liver function and put me on Vitamin D 50,000IU a week. which didn't do anything, so i went to see a Derm who was bald and a nice guy but no help at all, all he said was i don't know what it can be. I just want to know if its male pattern baldness or Seborrheic Derm or something else. I get crust under my nails when i scratch my head since its itchy as heck. Nizoral seems to help but hair still falls like crazy. I can tell my hair has loss its volume, its very frizzy in the front and every time i touch my hair specially with wet hands guaranteed to get atleast 3-4 hairs.

Meds i take: i have glaucoma ever since i was 10 so i take Dorzolamide twice a day, and Lumigan once a day. I also had a very minimal invasive ASD closure (hole in heart) and i take Clopidogrel and aspirin once day lowest dosage. I also take B7 bioton and sometimes vitamin.

I know its better to go to another doctor but i'm here based on everyones experiences to see what it can be and if i have similar symptoms. Any tips/suggestions/help is appreciated. Thanks
I have also attached pictures for you to see

photo.jpgphoto(2).jpgphoto(1).jpg
First picture is end of last year, 2nd is last week, and 3rd is 2 weeks ago.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
You still have a very good head of hair so you shouldn't panic, if you are confident you've started male pattern baldness (its hard to tell for sure from the pics) then order some finasteride 1mg and take it daily. I wouldn't say you needed to use minoxidil right now as you don't have drastic areas that need regrowth

soccerplr19

Reaction score
Thank you Massa, but the issue for me is i don't know if i have male pattern baldness or not. if i do i can start the finasteride regimen, if not i can go a different route. hopefully someone comes across with the same issue as me and can help me out.

littletalks01

Reaction score
I'm going through something somewhat similar.
I suggest getting bloodwork done, which I plan on doing, however I have been on finasteride for almost 3 months and I'm not seeing much improvement, only increased thinning, which I can only assume is a shed.
I do plan on getting my thyroid tested, however.

soccerplr19

Reaction score
Hey Littletalks thanks for the comment, and Yes i'm going to get bloodwork done, get it checked out. I dont want to get on finasteride or minoxidil yet unless i'm almost positive it is male pattern baldness. I'd like to hear from others on this forum who've had similar experiences maybe they can chime in and help both of us out. Also i think finasteride does cause shed in the beginning so it can grow new and thicker hair.

knox777

Reaction score
I'm the same man. But a few years younger than you. Can you get a miniaturisation test in your area? That would show if your hair is growing back thinner and you could prove whether you have male pattern baldness or something else? Like everyone will tell you - its all about prevention with male pattern baldness mate!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
99% of hair loss in males is male pattern baldness and you are a normal age for it to start

soccerplr19

Reaction score
I'm the same man. But a few years younger than you. Can you get a miniaturisation test in your area? That would show if your hair is growing back thinner and you could prove whether you have male pattern baldness or something else? Like everyone will tell you - its all about prevention with male pattern baldness mate!

I don't know what a miniaturization test is, but i'm going to look into at other dermatologist. As for now, i'll be getting some blood work done to figure out if its something internally. I'm trying to get it checked out asap so if it is male pattern baldness i can start on the meds.

- - - Updated - - -

99% of hair loss in males is male pattern baldness and you are a normal age for it to start

While i agree with you, i just want to be sure that its not something wrong with me and start the regimen for no reason which will to more problems. I don't believe i have similar symptoms as others. a friend of mine is losing his hair but his is gradual and no white crusts or scaly forehead, which is what i'm going through.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a lot of hairs growing on my hairline, almost like vellus hair but dark long ones.

knox777

Reaction score
I don't know what a miniaturization test is, but i'm going to look into at other dermatologist. As for now, i'll be getting some blood work done to figure out if its something internally. I'm trying to get it checked out asap so if it is male pattern baldness i can start on the meds.

Miniaturisation test will check if your follicles are growing back thinner and weaker. Yeah man, all about prevention, if it is male pattern baldness, you can literally save all that hair for a long time and you're in very good shape.Good luck!

soccerplr19

Reaction score

Miniaturisation test will check if your follicles are growing back thinner and weaker. Yeah man, all about prevention, if it is male pattern baldness, you can literally save all that hair for a long time and you're in very good shape.Good luck!

Yes exactly, but need to find a good Derm in my area who will atleast have somewhat of an idea of whats going on with my scalp and face, with all this dryness/scaling on face and crust on scalp.