29 Years Old - NW6 - Desperate

brunoaduarte

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm 29 years old now, and i started taking finasteride (generic) 11 years ago when i was 18, never stopped using it since then.

I believe i'm a NW6.

In the last years situation became pretty ugly, as you can see on my photo album.

I'm considering to replace the generic finasteride with Propecia and start using Rogaine Foam.

Do you recommend something else for my treatment ?

cabelot.jpg

Thank you all

Last edited:

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm 29 years old now, and i started taking finasteride (generic) 11 years ago when i was 18, never stopped using it since then.

I believe i'm a NW6.

In the last years situation became pretty ugly, as you can see on my photo album.

I'm considering to replace the generic finasteride with Propecia and start using Rogaine Foam.

Do you recommend something else for my treatment ?

Thank you all

I see no photos. But if your situation is so bad, why did you continue to take finasteride, when it didn't help you?

Your treatment should be very aggressive now. You can choose between high-strength minoxidil, dutasteride or RU 58841.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I can't see why replacing generic with branded finasteride will make any difference - they're the same thing.

your only hope now really is to use minoxidil while continuing the Finasteride and hope for the best. Or possibly consider Dutasteride, provided you didn't experience any side effects with the finasteride.

the only other option is to go down the hair transplant or hairpiece route.

I wish I could offer you more hope, you've been hit pretty hard :(

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't see why replacing generic with branded finasteride will make any difference - they're the same thing.

your only hope now really is to use minoxidil while continuing the Finasteride and hope for the best. Or possibly consider Dutasteride, provided you didn't experience any side effects with the finasteride.

the only other option is to go down the hair transplant or hairpiece route.

I wish I could offer you more hope, you've been hit pretty hard :(

He should have switched to dutasteride 5 years ago. Continuing in taking finasteride is pointless. I repeat it again and again: If you are young, in your twenties, don't waste your time with finasteride and jump directly on dutasteride!

Dutasteride by itself should manage this situation, but if he wants some regrowth (which he certainly wants), then he should add minoxidil as well.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
He should have switched to dutasteride 5 years ago. Continuing in taking finasteride is pointless. I repeat it again and again: If you are young, in your twenties, don't waste your time with finasteride and jump directly on dutasteride!

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I'm still a little wary of dutasteride considering how much stronger than finasteride it is and greater chance of sides.

Most hair doctors/experts advise starting with finasteride first, and many don't (or won't) even recognise dutasteride as a treatment.