29yo NW3a poss seb dermatitis

nim84

Reaction score
Hi newbie here

I have been noticing receding hair loss for about 3 years, and I have some thinning at the top

I started using minoxidil and alpecin shampoo about 8 months ago but have noticed no difference in fact it may have got worse. I have stopped using minoxidil as i used to have DS labs stuff which i was happy with, but they raised the price and like a cheapskate i went for the Kirkland stuff which i find more greasy. But i think the shedding increased when I switched the brands. I have not used anything for the past 2 months

Preceding this I was diagnosed with Sebarrhoeic dermatitis and was given Ketoconazole which was just over a year ago. I started treatment and this cleared within a few weeks, i am wondering whether this is the case now. The scalp looks white and scaly although it is not itching and rarely bothers me.

What do you think I should go for - My thinking is resume keto every 2-3 days and alpecin shampoo as normal and then go to Doctor for prescription for finasteride

I have attached current pics image.jpgphoto(1).jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Seb. Derm. is a chronic condition as you may well know sadly there is presently no cure. It is often episodic and does not necessarily mean you will always express symptoms. It in my experience that presc. strength nizoral. is the most effective to date. IUse it 2-3a week when symptoms persist and 2-4x or once a week for preventative purposes. Reading your last remarks sounds to me like you have already decided on the most reasonable recourse. Keep sharing and best wishes. Oh also do yourself a favor and avoid scratching your scalp it feels damn good but ,it will not only exacerbate the ,imflammation,it may cause infection.