2nd shed on finasteride, have you experienced one?

Reaction score
Anyone else had or having a second finasteride shed? My personal story is: 11 months into treatment on finasteride. Had the instant benifical effects of hair feeling stronger and fuller first few weeks. Followed by a few months of some shedding but not too much.

First major shed started early or middle of May, lost hair from all over scalp. Shaved hair no guard early July. Difficult to assess shedding first few weeks thereafter with really short hair. After maybe 3-4 weeks however shedding almost stopped completely.

My hair grew in length but didnt notice any improvement in density which I made a thread about. Started to regain density late August about a month after shedding halted. Peaked in density in early to mid October.

Then followed a period of increased shedding which I'm about two months into by now. Would describe myself as losing hair at a rate of around one third or one half that of my first shed, so I guess it could be worse.

Looking for people who've experienced a second finasteride shed and came out alive to chime in maybe with some support. Pretty frustrating that out of the last 11 months I've been satisfied my with my density maybe a total of 1 month. Otherwise it's been shedding, recovering from shedding or general slow deterioration..:shakehead:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The shed never stops for me :(

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been shedding off and on for over 2 years. I thought it stopped for good 2 months ago, but then it started up again this month.

mayonegg

Reaction score
I started finasteride 1.5yr ago. Had an initial shed which stopped few months after. But I started having a massive shed starting Sep of this yr. It seems to be slowing down now tho, although some days it's questionable if it really has. I would say to keep at it.