2tite2014's Story

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been lurking and posting around here off and on ever since I started treating my hair loss. As of this post I've been on finasteride for 6.5 months and minoxidil for 2.5 months. I also use 1% keto 2-3 times a week. I rode out finasteride for a while before starting minoxidil because I'd read some cases of people developing sides a few months into finasteride so I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have any issues. I was probably overly cautious but I just wanted to be sure. Anyway, I feel like now is a good time to start a progress thread since I'm starting to see some noticeable regrowth. My hair's still in bad shape but I'm taking this early regrowth as a really good sign for things to come. After 4 months on finasteride I wasn't seeing regrowth, but my hair loss completely stopped so I figured it was the best time to throw in minoxidil. The first pic was taken on May 19th, a little over 1 month on minoxidil (hair wasn't any different at the time). The 2nd pic was taken a few days ago on June 24th. My crown, mid-interior scalp, and forelock have thickened up a bit. I also have a little forest of small, dark hairs sprouting all along my hairline where it was bare before. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped to see what happens in the coming months. :)http://i.imgur.com/4w3KS0G.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Tt5ohHA.jpg

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update - 7.5 months finasteride, 3.5 months minoxidil.

Attachments

• 20150718.jpg
    20150718.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 251

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Liquid. I use about 1.5-2.0 mL per application to get full coverage and to account for the minoxidil that gets lost to my hand and hair.

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Time for another monthly update - 8.5 months finasteride, 4.5 months minoxidil. No significant regrowth this past month, but about a week ago I noticed I've started shedding again. I think for most of the past month my hair was in the resting phase, and it's recently just gone into a second shedding phase. The shedding is pretty mild (just a few hairs every time I comb though my hair), and pretty much all the hairs coming out are thin, short, and weak (~1 cm to ~1 inch in length, mostly). Aside from that, no side effects from finasteride or minoxidil whatsoever. Here's hoping I'm about to get second explosion of regrowth! Also for the sake of comparison with previous pics I should probably note that I got a haircut yesterday.

08162015finminoxupdate.jpg

greenguy

Reaction score
Awesome. I wish you had done some hairline pics along the way too, for the sake of science.

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Update time. 10 months finasteride, 6 months minoxidil. No drastic changes since the last time I posted. I've been going through quite a shed for the past month or so, but the shedding has recently stopped. I haven't noticed a major cosmetic difference due to the shedding between then and now, probably because virtually all the hairs coming out were thin, short, and weak. But hopefully my shed hair is currently in the resting phase and will soon start to grow thicker and stronger! I should note that my hair is also a fair bit longer than in the previous photo.
20150927.jpg