3 doctors, 3 different opinions

virginia65

Reaction score
My situation:

43 years old, thin in the crown in a 3" by 3" area. About 60% gone in that area.

Forehead is naturally "very high", the triangles have receded about 3/8 inch over last 10 years

Hair is naturally a bit thin on top, I've had wide part since I was 12 . It looks full when a bit longer, you can see some scalp if its cut short.

Dr. Vogel of Maryland wants to put 300 hairs in each triangle and do nothing else. He said I should be concerned about having a patch of hair in the middle at age 86 if he messes with the crown. He said he doesn't need to shave me, and shock loss is unlikely.

Dr. Lindsey of Virginia wants to put 1500 in the crown and do nothing else. He wants to shave that area, and he said shock loss is extremely likely.

Dr Gil Segev of Virginia Surgical wants to put 2k total. Something like 300 in each triangle, 200 in front, 300 behind the front, and 900 in the crown. He said shock loss is unlikely.

Opinions anyone?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i think you should seek out some better doctors,im not saying these people arent competent but you def need to do more research

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like you've weeded out 3 doctors.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
anything under 1000-1500 grafts is not worth the ordeal. At 43 if you're a NW3, maybe teetering on 4, I would think nothing less than 2000 grafts. call Armani or Hasson & Wong, If your wanting to fill crown and bring temples forward, I bet they put you in 2000-3000 graft range. 600 grafts. What a freaking joke.