3 month update on finasteride

rescue hair

Reaction score
I've been taking 1.25mg finasteride since October, and using Nizoral since September. When I first started taking finasteride, I noticed a major improvement in the quality of my hair - it looked much healthier. Since that time, I haven't noticed any further difference. In fact, I think I have continued to thin at the same rate, especially at the top/middle of my head. Fortunately, the vertex is holding steady, and there is no loss there. It looks like there are a bunch of new hairs sprouting along the hairline, but it's still too soon to be sure.
I know there were a few other guys on here at the 3 month mark. Wonder how they're doing.

jmoney32

Reaction score
i'm coming up on a year on nizoral and finasteride and have definately stopped the hairloss and have thickened up my hair and looks like i have grown some. only side effects are no morning wood and a torn ACL. i am blaming finasteride for the torn acl because i never tore it before i was on finasteride so it must of been the finasteride.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's rare but a some percent of people do see result at month 3. You may want to take photos of your hair for every month or every 3 months so you can analyist your result to see for shore your regrowthing hair.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
lol jmoney i find the acl tear utterly hilarious

jmoney32

Reaction score
i figured finasteride gets a bad rap for it's side effects so i figured lets make it worse

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i saw hairs coming in at three months as well, almost at five months and things are improving, but slowly.