3 Month update. What do you guys think??

thedude1981

Reaction score
Looking for input. I've been on the Big 3 for 3 months. I have another thread going in Success Stories but I actually meant to create that thread in this forum. I can't figure out how to move it from success stories to here, so I am just going to copy and paste what I types

*original post*

My area of concern is my vertex/crown area. For the last 2 years, I noticed that it was thinning at a rapid rate.. After months of lurking this site for information/help, I decided to make an appointment with a Dermatologist to get an ''experts opinion'' on the matter.. My worst fears were confirmed when she told me that I had pattern baldness. She mentioned that idea of my taking finasteride + minoxidil and I immediately agreed to start the treatment. I opted for the generic version of Propecia - Finnasteride. (sp?!)

Routine:

10,000 mcg's Biotion - (every morning)
Avalon Organics Thickening Shampoo Biotin B Complex Therapy (5 days a week)
Nizorol 1% shampoo - (2 times a week)
Liquid minoxidil 5% - (once a day at night during the weekdays -- twice a day on the weekends)
1.25 MG Finasteride - Camber Pharmaceuticals - (daily in the morning)

Comments:
I was definitely very nervous to start this routine. Mainly for the ''shedding'' that I kept reading about. I eventually told myself that I could either do something about it right now with the chance that it would actually work or NOT do anything about it and pretty much have the same end result if I made the plunge to the Big 3 yet wasn't one of the ''lucky ones'' who actually did see major improvement. Obviously, I chose the big 3 route.

Now the fun stuff that everyone wants to read... LOL.. I experienced a major shed the first month.. To the point where I was freaking out because of all of the hairs I would see in my sink. I took pictures, stared into mirrors, and definitely could tell I was experiencing the ''shed''... I kept telling myself that this meant it was working... So I continued on. I would say that the shed lasted a good month. I don't know if I ever stopped shedding, but I can definitely tell a major difference (less shedding).

Sexual side effects: None really.. I still have an active sexual life with my girl, and havent had any issues getting it up. Semen seems normal too.. I didn't even experience the ''ball ache'' that many experience.. So I am pretty darn happy about not having sexual side effects.

Looking at the 3 pictures attached, you can definitely see the shed I was going through after the first 3 weeks. My crown/vertex definitely got worse...

After 2 months, I think that things are going well. I don't want to get my hopes up, but looking at recent pictures I can see hairs filling in areas of my head that previously didn't have much hair.

That's about it so far.. Please ask me any questions regarding my treatment if you want. I am also open for feedback..

I will post monthly updates from here on out.

Attachments

• Untitled (1).jpg
    Untitled (1).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 20140605_162155.jpg
    20140605_162155.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 20140605_162149-1.jpg
    20140605_162149-1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 20140605_162149.jpg
    20140605_162149.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 199

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a question.

I am not on any medication because I cannot afford anything. I can't even afford food right now. I am losing at least 50-80 hair strands a day. It is non-stop. How bad was your shedding? How was your shedding before and after you got on the medication.