3 months 15 days and i have been CONSTANTLY SHEDDING!!!

solomonf

Established Member
Reaction score
How is this possible!!!!

I have been taking Fincar (Finasteride) for 3 months 15 days and i have literally screwed my hair up. My hair has receded, thinned and shed. Its so annoyin how 3 months ago you couldnt see through my hair at all, now it is see through when wet. Also my left temple has taken such a hit it is untrue, my right temple is fine though.

I dont know what to do anymore, maybe i am one of those unlucky people that get worse on Finasteride. It would fit my personality UNLUCKY!!!!

I dont get how most people just know when a shed has started. I have no f*****g clue as to when or even if i had a shed.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
f*** dont give me this news....... your scaring me lol i just started propecia today:(

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've shed a lot as well in my first two months in the crown and mid scalp. My frontal area appears to have thickened up though. Just stick it out and hope for the best. I prepared myself for the shed, but it's still tough to go through....

BDSander

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for a year and 8 months and it has totally destroyed my hair. I feel like I have been shedding big time since I got on it. I wish I would have never started taken it, but now I am uncertain how my hair will respond if I get off of it. All I can say is that finasteride/propecia is not for everyone.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BDSander said:
I have been on propecia for a year and 8 months and it has totally destroyed my hair. I feel like I have been shedding big time since I got on it. I wish I would have never started taken it, but now I am uncertain how my hair will respond if I get off of it. All I can say is that finasteride/propecia is not for everyone.

what did it do receed your hairline ?
thin it?
you got pics?

BDSander

Reaction score
It has receded my hairline big time. I am now so thin in the temple areas to the point where I can barely hide it. I posted a thread in the tell your story a while back with pictures showing my results after a period of time. It hasnt been updated in the past few months, but I plan on updating it soon to show how much worse it has gotten in the past 5 months or so.

Keep in mind I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying propeica, but just keep in mind that it doesnt have the same results for everyone.

BDSander

Reaction score
No. Its Merck's propecia, which I purchase from a local pharmacy for too much money.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
BDSander said:
It has receded my hairline big time. I am now so thin in the temple areas to the point where I can barely hide it. I posted a thread in the tell your story a while back with pictures showing my results after a period of time. It hasnt been updated in the past few months, but I plan on updating it soon to show how much worse it has gotten in the past 5 months or so.

Keep in mind I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying propeica, but just keep in mind that it doesnt have the same results for everyone.

well, i think finasteride only inhibits 70% of the problem. if your male pattern baldness was more aggressive than the medication, you're still going to shed. how agressive was it? how old are you?

BDSander

Reaction score
I am 27 years old. The reason I fault propecia for my hair loss is because it was not aggressive at all until I started taking it.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hit a big shed after 3 months that lasted more than 4 months. For the 4 months I was losing at least 300 hairs a day. My scalp looked sh*t. However...it stopped. Will wait and see if my hair looks better in the next 3 months.

The key is to stay positive always.