3 Months finasteride And Hairline Destroyed

KyoceraFTW

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello .
I'm 19 and I've been on finasteride for 3 months and my hairline has pretty much destroyed.

I'm diffuse + hairline thinner. I'm able to see scalp on the hairline and above the hairline. My left temple is taking the bad hit and right one is pretty much bad

Do my hairs have a chance to get back or should i consider dermaroller ( scared to use minoxidil because i will look sh*t when i'll be on shedding phase which is repetitive )

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,466

KyoceraFTW

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Hairline destroyed"

"Bad hit"

Are you serious? Do you want to see what a real "destroyed hairline" looks like?

Dude my head's shape irregular. My head is higher in terms of height on the right temple and it's lower on the left temple. i'm looking ugly as f*** right now.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all a matter of perspective. Dante, when you're a slick NW7 you will say the same thing to someone in your current situation. The fact that your situation is worse doesn't make his situation good.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello .
I'm 19 and I've been on finasteride for 3 months and my hairline has pretty much destroyed.

I'm diffuse + hairline thinner. I'm able to see scalp on the hairline and above the hairline. My left temple is taking the bad hit and right one is pretty much bad

Do my hairs have a chance to get back or should i consider dermaroller ( scared to use minoxidil because i will look sh*t when i'll be on shedding phase which is repetitive )

I wonder why they prescribed you Finasteride if your hairline was not affected before using it. It seems like overkill to me.

As for dermarolling, its main use is to prepare the skin for absorption of minoxidil or other lotions, so I wouldn't know if it could really help (it hardly works alone).

I think you may at the moment just wait for the finasteride shedding to end in the hope that your hairline gets back to where it were (which is very much possible).

MicroDoser

Reaction score
hello .

I'm a diffuse thinner who's also on finasteride. I find that my hairline is getting messed up too, have you seen any other gains within these 3 months? How are your sides? Do you have oily skin? Increased libido? Itchniess?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is with everyone making this a competition?? Who gives a f*ck if your hair line is worst than the OP's. really, no one gives a f*ck. Give him useful advice or f*ck off already. Stick with it OP. If you're below baseline by 8-10 months, drop that sh*t. finasteride can definitely have the opposite effect and cause you to lose more hair.

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is with everyone making this a competition?? Who gives a f*ck if your hair line is worst than the OP's. really, no one gives a f*ck. Give him useful advice or f*ck off already.

You're right. It's just that 'destroyed hairline' isn't a 100% relative. It's just the choice of words OP used to describe things that was funny/provocative.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention offensive towards those who really are past Norwood 2 with their hairline really ruined.

you have a thick NW1 and a 10/10 model face with a god like jaw line Dante. you have nothing to complain about.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And then they even ask me why I can't feel sorry for good-looking people who are losing their hair. They enjoy mocking those who are not as lucky as them. At least until they lose their beauty and their hair, that is. Yeah, karma, b**ch!

Dante, I was not mocking you. I was playing on all those people that always say, "it's not bad, you look fine, stop whining" because I am sick of those people too.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello .

hey man Don't mind everybody... You got great hair behind that lil blemish on your hair line, So when you say "destroyed" people who have more extreme hair loss they're almost like "WTF!!" Sorry thats how you were greated though. Don't worry ive gotten it a bit too at times announcing my norwood 1.5 status at 34. Let me say i recently started finasteride 8 months ago, my hair immediately got better like 1st month my hair was just healthier/Fuller. Now in the last month my hair line seems to have taken a hit suddenly and similar to yours(Your hair type is better than mine though) i think its just a shed. I think i must have started finasteride in anagen growth phase maybe and thats why my hair just kinda "took off". Your hair is doing the normal shed process that can occur w/ finasteride or minoxidil. Hormone changes for good or bad can trigger growth or loss.And also the signal to grow thicker healthier hair results in loss at first. Hairs cant get thicker without shedding first. Generally it takes 3 months for a positive or negative change to occur in hair after whatever actually initiated it... Lots of rambling there my bad. LoL. Just stick with it man and i believe you'll be fine. You great thick hair too , so feel good about that! And do what you can to keep it and welcome!