3 months on finasteride and still losing. Jump to dutasteride or add minoxidil?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do I do? I can't take any more losses. There is no guarantee any of this will grow back. Should I add minoxidil hope it thickens something while waiting for the finasteride to (hopefully) work?

Or just go to dutasteride straight away?

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're not experiencing side effects jump to dutasteride. But I'd make it a gradual change. minoxidil is a short term solution. Why not both?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would wait until 6 months. 3 months is way too early to be expecting changes and jumping on dutasteride imo.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's still thinning. In 3 months the front forelock is going to look like **** and at that point I might as well just shave the whole thing off. It's barely holding together as is. I have literally one "hairstyle" that looks sort of decent, no options there. If it thins further I will have to keep my head shaved and I don't want that.

Not only do I need to stop any further thinning but I also need to thicken up the front (I can cry for the temples all I like but I know those aren't coming back but I'm not giving the front as it's the most important thing) cause it looks like *** at the moment.

It looks like I'm going to be on dutasteride at some point eventually. So why wait? Is it normal to still be balding (not just shedding I'm visibly losing ground on top) for such a long time since being on finasteride?

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, 3 months are nothing, usually people needs 6-1 years for results and 4-5 for stop/slow the hairloss

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well it's still thinning. In 3 months the front forelock is going to look like **** and at that point I might as well just shave the whole thing off. It's barely holding together as is. I have literally one "hairstyle" that looks sort of decent, no options there. If it thins further I will have to keep my head shaved and I don't want that.

Not only do I need to stop any further thinning but I also need to thicken up the front (I can cry for the temples all I like but I know those aren't coming back but I'm not giving the front as it's the most important thing) cause it looks like *** at the moment.

It looks like I'm going to be on dutasteride at some point eventually. So why wait? Is it normal to still be balding (not just shedding I'm visibly losing ground on top) for such a long time since being on finasteride?
How is your sitation now @whatevr ? Could you share your timeline story?