3+ months on finasteride. still shedding like before.

APSL

Reaction score
my hair is still coming out like it used to, hasnt slowed yet, atleast to a point that i can notice. i was just wondering if these hairs im losing while being on finasteride have a chance at recovery since im losing hair like i was before on propecia? i did notice a bit of a increase 2.5 months in, but its back to shedding like before. if i run my hands through my hair after a shower while its wet, what looks like about 30 hairs come out. most of the hair im lossing looks healthy.

also if my hair doesnt stop from falling out, im gonna bic my head and get on minoxidil at the same time in about a month im thinking. any suggestions on that would be great.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
why doesn't the link work? -> shedding <-

Sorry bro, there's an article about shedding on this forum that would be useful for you to read. You are only 3 months in and would unlikely see any results from finasteride as of yet.

Deaner

Reaction score
I'm almost 8 months in, still shedding about the same, it's not a good indication of how your regimen is working. My hair is thickening up considerably even though I still appear to lose the same amount. Stop worrying about it and stop counting hairs.

Reaction score
It sounds like i'm in a similar situation. Am i right in understanding that you have been shedding consistently since before you started finasteride? i've been shedding non stop since bef. starting finasteride for 3months, over 250 hairs per shower. I haven't heard that many people shedding straight through, theres usually cycles which concerns me. i'm also considering starting on minoxidil. pretty soon. Good luck.