3 Weeks finasteride, WEIRD SIDES??. Advice needed

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I didn't really get the advice I needed from last post, so I was wondering if someone could PLEASE tell me what to do.

I am 19 y/o, very aggressive male pattern baldness. Temples nw2, but the worst is by far crown/vertex. I have barely any hair on my crown and top of my head. Dad was nw6 at 23, and it looks like I'm headed in the same direction. Started finasteride 3 weeks ago, and noticed some odd sides, not sure if they're finasteride related but here:

-Slight gyno right breast
-Acne, starting breaking out like a 16y/o girl on her period
-Weirdest side of all, TONS AND TONS of wet dreams. Like seriously, wtf is going on?? I used to get wet dreams 1-2 per year, I am now getting them every 2-3 days, and my ejaculation has increased 5x. Usually a finasteride side is decreased semen, no??
-Major major shed, there are hairs falling out everywhere

Ok, so two things:
1) what is with these sides? can someone who has experienced similar sides shed some light?

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY
I really need help. Given my extremely aggressive male pattern baldness, will finasteride even do anything? Should I jump straight into dutasteride?? Oral spironolactone? I cannot afford to give finasteride 1 year to see how it goes, by then, I will have lost most of my hair.

Any replies welcome,
Cheers

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is such thing as where your libidio can actually sky-rocket while using finasteride in the rare few cases..The gyno you're experiencing; that is from finasteride as well, it causes a hormone imbalance and increases the amount of estrogen produced. Causing you to develop literally boobs, like girls do when they go through puberty. Ones you can't actually get rid off unless you go through surgery.

I'd reccommend stopping. So of course you will have to sacrifice what's left of your hair.
Unless you really think your ok with having those sides.

Propecia makes me angry.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I honestly wouldn't care that much for balding, but I am 19 y/o... It is literally destroying my life. The slight gyno isn't a huge deal to me. I am willing to continue, but will it work? From what I've seen on these forums, aggressive male pattern baldness is usually treated through dutasteride and/or spironolactone. Not sure I'll go for spironolactone, as I still want kids when I'm older.

If anyone is on sprio/dutasteride would you recommend?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude just because you developed slight gyno doesn't mean it's going to stop, if you continue taking finasteride you will develop full boobs.
Atleast you don't need a girlfriend lol!!!

The fact that you can even consider taking dutasteride it horrendous dude.
I forgot to mention your libidio sky-rocketing is short term and won't last forever, eventually you actually crash. Really Hard.
I just hope you know what you're doing. I'm not trying to scare you, just speaking from experience.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I feel you bro. Im 18 but im just a nw2. This is what i say
Id advice you to look into NATURAL progesterone cream.
Its helpful for gyno in men coz it occupies the estrogen receptors and neutralises it or something. Google it and learn more. Their are some estrogen blockers too, id say check that out too.
In the mean time Shave your head and hit the gym. The Exercise High will make you feel good.
When the Gyno is done, get on finasteride again but make a low dose like 1.25 mg every 3rd day.
To ensure you never have Gyno, WORK YOUR *** OFF at the gym.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you bro. Im 18 but im just a nw2. This is what i say
Id advice you to look into NATURAL progesterone cream.
Its helpful for gyno in men coz it occupies the estrogen receptors and neutralises it or something. Google it and learn more. Their are some estrogen blockers too, id say check that out too.
In the mean time Shave your head and hit the gym. The Exercise High will make you feel good.
When the Gyno is done, get on finasteride again but make a low dose like 1.25 mg every 3rd day.
To ensure you never have Gyno, WORK YOUR *** OFF at the gym.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand, but i am 19 yo and my entire scalp is visible. I can't take it anymore and I am willing to try anything. Yes, the gyno is worth it. But again, my question is, given my aggressive male pattern baldness, will finasteride even work??

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
In the mean time Shave your head and hit the gym.

What does his hair even look like? It might be way too early for him to be shaving his head. I have seen many guys post "I am almost slick bald", only to see their pics later with a full head of hair.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
What does his hair even look like? It might be way too early for him to be shaving his head. I have seen many guys post "I am almost slick bald", only to see their pics later with a full head of hair.

Prominent NW2 temples, but again, the heavy damage is the crown/vertex and heavy thinning in NW6 pattern , to the point where my scalp is easily visible. I will post before/after pics at 4 month mark for finasteride, but I was wondering, given my aggressive male pattern baldness, should I jump straight onto dutasteride? Thanks for your reply

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I would stick with finasteride. I wouldn't want to jump onto a stronger med if I didn't have to.