3 years on finasteride, Minoxidil , no results and maybe even worse. What should i try?

flying_hot_now

Reaction score
Hi yall,

I been following this forum for quite some time now, and i never really made a post. Now, i want to post my time with my annoying hairloss and maybe get some help as I haven't been seeing any results for 3 years. My hair is still falling out, i would say it is a Norwoord 3ish.

I have been following:

since 2010: Finesteride 5mg 1/4 taken daily (prescribed from a doctor)
Foam Minoxidil 5% in the morning and after i shower at night
For about a month now i been using Lipogaine as well

Should i try Avodart/dutasteride anyone? I had no side-effects with Finesteride whatsoever.
I need help!

Here is from 2010:
right.jpgleft2010.jpg

Here is right now, Feb 4th 2013:

right2012.jpgphoto (3).jpg

Here is update Jan 9th 2014:
(Same regimen of Finestaride and 5% minoxidil- will be going to the docs again and seeing what else I can do as I feel like some small growth and less hair loss falling out but not major growth yet)

rightjan92014.jpgleftjan092014.jpg

I have a big forehead as well, so don't mind that! Hopefully you guys can help!

theagx

Banned
Reaction score
Same here. I had no sides from finasteride. It does look like your hairloss has advanced slightly on the right side but it could just be your distance from the camera

flying_hot_now

Reaction score
Hi guys , thanks for the reply. I guess my hair hasn't gotten worst but hair is still falling out everywhere which I thought would stop because I'm always finding hair on textbooks, tables and floors! Should I try Avodart anyone or what is everyone's take on dutasteride?

vaecnn

Reaction score
我也很困扰,唉···头发越掉越多,我肯定会秃的·······

痛苦啊,造孽啊

flying_hot_now

Reaction score
Hi guys, still the same regimen. I want to actually start eating healthier and working out. Do you think exercising will help in a way?

zidrem

Reaction score
Exercise maybe will not do much to help your hair, but will make you feel better about yourself and give you more perspective to stop thinking about the hair so much! Your hair looks the same in the before and after pics to me, which - as far as I'm concerned - is a big success over a three year period.

buddyspied

Reaction score
finasteride doesn't regrow hair in the front.. as for anything else working, the only thing would be a hair transplant. I'd stop all the snake oils and stay on finasteride, get a hair transplant. The money you save from the other stuff will eventually pay for the hair transplant. good luck.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, minoxidil will work on the front of your head. It doesn't say that on the package because the doctors running the study never presented temple region results to the FDA. But it works all over.

Additionally, if you have male pattern baldness, diet and exercise won't make a big difference. There are people who get really unhealthy and malnourished and lose their hair, but it doesn't sound like that's what's going on in your case.

flying_hot_now

Reaction score
Yes, hair transplant is probably in the future. I just turned 27 and I can't wait until 3 years when i get it just because of financial reason. In the mean time i been on minoxidil and finasteride for a while and so far hair has been falling out less than before!

Has anyone had a Hair Transplant before?

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe i'm the only one who thinks your hair loss didn't progress and even may be slighly better.