30-40 hairs on my hand after shampooing (every second day)

EricGerard

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been on finasteride 1.25mg/day for over 9 months now, as well as minoxidil 5% once per day for about a month. I've never really seen a reduction in the number of hairs that I lose in the shower though... I shampoo every second day, and after I lather up I can count between 30-40 hairs on my hands. Some are really small miniaturized ones, and some are normal terminal hairs. HOWEVER, on days where I do not shampoo (every second day), I lose almost no hairs in the shower. So, it is safe to say that I some of those 30-40 hairs that I do lose from shampooing were carried over from the previous day in which I didn't shampoo my hair.

Does this sound like a normal amount of hair to find on your hands after shampooing? That would amount to about 15-20 hairs per day from shampooing alone. I find almost no hairs on my pillow in the morning and I don't shed a lot throughout the day while at school or sitting at my desk at home.

EricGerard

Reaction score
No one? Most of the hairs I shed in the shower are thinner, shorter, miniaturized hairs. Does this mean anything 9 months in to treatment?

Friendslayer

Reaction score
Im about 10 months in on my treatment and i have the exact same thing. I shedded a lot when i first began my treatment with the big 3. shedded a lot of miniturized hairs and now, i seem to have a shed going on again. I dont seem to loose a lot of terminal hairs except what is expected but there is a lot thinner, shorter, miniaturized hairs i loose. Hopefully the stuff will grow back as strong as the rest of the hair did after the initial shed.