30+ and still fighting

MadMartigan

Reaction score
30+ male, caucasian, healthy lifestyle and quite good looking besides the hair. That's at least what I think. :)

Due to concealers most people haven't noticed my hairloss. For me, still, it's a tough one and it affects my psyche to a degree when I always thinking about how my head looks.

"Is the bald spot visible in that angle? " "Can I participate in that activity or is people gonna se my hair". and so on...

This affects my social life and before the use of concealers I was not comfortable with having people walking behind me. especially not in stairs. It was even worse when dating girls.

Sometimes I do care less, like hanging out with my closest friends or when exercising a late night at the gym.

I started to think about my hairloss when I was about 26-27. A year or so later I started using minoxidil 5 %.
This helped a lot, but still the hairloss continued.
Five years later my hairloss had accelerated and the vertex is now visible (still some hair, miniatures mostly). I've been thinking about finasterid for three years, but haven't dared to use it to the side-effects associated with inhibit DHT.

At this date I have been on finasterid from a pharmacy (no fake), about 1 mg daily, for 15 days.

I definitely feel that something has changed. I feel a bit weaker, I lost some water in my face and muscles.
I will try finasterid to combat my hairloss even if it keeps me from keeping the same standard when it comes to my physique. I'm thinking that I can always get my hard gained muscles back since I know how to do it, but I only got one chance for my hair.

Sometimes, like now, I realize how sick this way of thinking is, that letting my hair and looks affect my life to this matter. I'm wasting so much time on something that is partially beyond my control; time that I should use for my education and work.

Anyway, I cannot stop thinking like this.

Current regimen:

Minoxidil 5 % - 2 x 1 ml - ED (since 2008)

Finasterid - 1 mg - ED (since august 2011)

Spironolactone 5 %, S5 cream - 2 x ED (since august 2011).

Nizoral - Ketokonazol 2 % - 3 or 4 times week (a bit sloppy with this)

Concealers:

Toppik Hair fibres

Couvre scalp cream

Plans:

I'm planning to get my hands on RU58841 or another topical anti-androgen. It is much better if I could sustain without finasterid since I don't know if it is an acceptable tradeoff when limiting myself with finasterid.
Male testosterone levels drops after 30 and testosterone are needed for work, family life and so on..

I got newly taken pictures for documenting my progress.

Thank you for reading!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome. What do you mean 30+ and still fighting :thumbdown2:
Of course you are, although a lot of people here think that it gets easier to lose your hair it sure as hell hurts when you're 30+ too, I can tell from experience :)

You are on Propecia for 15 days? I don't know your hair status but apparently people don't even notice. You need to give yourself a break. You are on a very full regimen! You could have started with finasteride and maybe minoxidil and save the rest for later, because I can tell you, you don't want to lose hair when you're 40 either! Don't start RU.

Give it time, take photos, stop worrying and let the drug do its work. This takes time, read the guide on this forum. It is very motivating. Read the success stories. You can do it, you caught it early.

Best of luck!