30 and thinning like crazy!

Ani-G

Reaction score
OK, so am 30, female, and my hair is half as thick as it was just a couple years ago. It's falling out all over the place and really freaking me out. I am pulling handfuls out when I brush, wash my hair, even just run my fingers through my hair. No family history, a few stressful life changes but even after that has evened out (quite a while ago), the hair still just keeps pouring out of my head.

I have to do something...or soon I'll be bald as GI Jane...trust me, no one wants to see that!

Any advice or tips? I don't even know where to start, will be talking to my Doctor in a few weeks to start trying to figure this out, but that will still take a while to figure out what exactly is causing the hair to drop like dead flies, I'm sure.

Is there something I could be doing in the meanwhile??? I'm desperate to at least slow this progression down.

Help, please. I welcome any advice. :lost:

Thanks so much!

Ani

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have photos? Is it all over your head or just at the top?

- - - Updated - - -

Not that you aren't welcome in the men's forum section (you more than certainly are) you might get better advice from fellow women hair loss sufferers down in the women's only sections of the forums.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Iron deficiency, hypothyroidism, sudden weight loss, pcos.... or just plain old androgenetic alopecia. Blood test will tell more...

Ani-G

Reaction score
Do you have photos? Is it all over your head or just at the top?

- - - Updated - - -

Not that you aren't welcome in the men's forum section (you more than certainly are) you might get better advice from fellow women hair loss sufferers down in the women's only sections of the forums.

Sorry, no...no photos, and it is not like it is yet noticeable to anyone but me, as my hair was really very thick to begin with. You would probably think it looks normal...but I know it is half as much hair as I used to have as short a two years ago, and I see every day all the hair I keep pulling out when I brush my hair, etc. It is all over loss, but a bit more concentrated on the top as that is thinning a bit faster than the rest.

Thanks for the advice about women's only sections...but I prefer to seek advice from both men and women, and don't want to be relegated to a "women's only' section, although I have also signed up on a women's site (womens hair loss project). I just feel that getting info and advice from women alone is not enough if I want to explore all avenues and be open to all ideas. Men have a lot of valid and valuable information and advice as well which is why I signed up on this forum that is more male than female, so I can get help and support from all hair loss sufferers like myself. :)

Thanks for the ideas, as well, maher! Though I can certainly rule out sudden weight loss, that is definitely not an issue for me. Nor is weight gain. I'm pretty stable in that area. :) I will be going to see my doctor on the 20th of May so I will see what she says...and find out where we can go from there.

Thank you both for your comments and for replying to my thread...that in itself is heartening to me just to get feedback from others. I really appreciate it, and welcome it.