30 Balding On Crown Help Wanted Please!!!

Kyle S

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been using Nioxin 2 shampoo/condiotr/foam treatment for the past 2-3 years which hasn't helped much its finally to the point where I started to do some research and decided to start a ketoconazole and rogaine. I have a few basic questions below along with photos my hair line is pretty good at the moment. Sorry if the questions are basic new to this

1) I read somewhere that rogaine must be applied twice daily but, also that it is 22 hour span is the 22 hour thing true? Have many tried using it only once a day and seen well results.
2) With keto shampoo it says 2-3 times a week so a larger portion of the time my hair won't be washed before the rogaine is that fine? Or should I at least soak it then dry it?
3) I saw there was a big 3 and the 3rd one was a pill but, the side affects scared me to the point I didn't want to risk it.
4) should I use a dermaroller or do I have too much hair for this to work properly?
5) Do you think I will have decent results? It looks like some of the hair follicles are still alive but hard to see because of blonde hair.
6) Any tips would be greatly appreciate!!!
Thanks very much for any help.
^1C209AFF4B046116CC3A00D0533C7272350947D41FE0AC1E4C^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
kyle hair.jpg

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Some doctors will tell you once a day is fine due to the 22 hour half life, although some users who have tried both once and day and twice report better results when used twice a day
2) Wash your hair with an alternate shampoo before you apply keto, then apply the keto to your scalp, and let it sit 5-10 minutes before rinsing out. On the days you don't use keto, wash with the alternate shampoo.
3) Finasteride/propecia, the pill you speak of, addresses the key issue of DHT attacking your follicles. It's your best bet at maintaining/slowing down your hair loss in the long run. It's an FDA approved drug, and as far as sides, the profile for them is low, and you have to measure the risk/reward of slight chance of side effects vs living your life as a bald/balding man, and decide what's important to you and whether or not it's worth the risk.
4) Personally, I would try rogaine without a dermaroller first to see if it works. Imo, it's better not to add extra sh*t to your regimen that might not be necessary, but some people swear by dermarolling, so it's up to you
5) If you use the big 3, the odds are in your favor for maintaining or making some level of improvement, but you will not know for sure until you try. The sooner you start, the more follicles you will have a shot at saving
6)Keep fighting the fight, and start setting aside money for a transplant in case sh*t hits the fan or your response to meds is not up to your hopes and expectations