30 years old, loosing hair like crazy after stopping finestaride

Chilean guy

Reaction score
Dear people,

I would like to share my history and receive advices.

Well, I am really depressed and scared due to my hairloss. I am 30 years old and I had been taking finestaride since I was 25 with no side effects. The result was great, I had even gained new hair.

One month ago I started suffering some side effects: weak erections and orgasms were just not as satisfactory as before. Obviously I stopped taking finestaride inmediately and I said to myself: “the hair I have will last at least a couple of years more and in the meantime I will start using minoxidil to keep it as long as possible”.

Luckily, the sides effects have almost completely disappear after one month without finestaride. The bad part is that my hair is falling really quickly, it is like every day I am balder.

I am also feeling a rare sensation on my head: it itches in the parts where my hair is falling, I get the idea that the process of loosing hair is so fast that my head can actually perceive it and sending me a conscious signs of what it is happening, has anyone experienced this??? (I know some will say this is only psychological, but trust me when I tell you: the sensation is very real! (it is not because of dandruf)).

I think I will start using topical minoxidil hoping it will stop this mess (although I am concerned about its side effects, specially loosing even more hair or having heart problems).

About finestaride I don’t know if just stop taking it or lower the dose, perhaps half a pill daily, but in the other hand I do not wanna risk having sexual dysfuntions (I have read some of them are permanently). I am also putting ginger in my head, let’s see what happens.

That’s all I have to say, any comment or advice is welcome, thank you for reading and feeling with me.

Best regards

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have three options

1. Go bald and salvage what you can over the short term with minoxidil
2. Try finasteride again
3. Try RU which may or may not be an adequate replacement of finasteride without the sides

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to an anti androgen or you will continue to bald.

I would suggest re starting finasteride but at a lower dose. Personally I dont believe in the permanent side effects but of course there are others who will disagree

minoxidil and ginger will not help you. Topical RU is a possibility but I have no experience with this.

Im sorry but your options are limited